Fwd: Integrating vim & MS Visual Studio 2005

Fwd: Integrating vim & MS Visual Studio 2005

Gregory Petrosyan
 Is it possible? Can someone help me with it?

Regards, Gregory.

Re: Fwd: Integrating vim & MS Visual Studio 2005

George V. Reilly
"Gregory Petrosyan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>   Is it possible? Can someone help me with it?

VisVim is a Visual Studio add-in for Visual Studio 5 and Visual Studio 98. It does not compile or work with the .NET versions of Visual Studio (2002, 2003, or 2005). With VisVim installed, when you open a file in the VS IDE, it actually opens in the external Vim program. (I think. It's been years since I ran it.)

ViEmu [1] is a vi/Vim emulator for Visual Studio 2003 and VS 2005. It does a reasonably good job of Vim emulation, but of course you don't have Vim plugins or the new Vim 7 features. It integrates tightly with VS's IntelliSense, which is much smarter about C# than Vim 7's Omni-completion.

Some more details on VisVim and ViEmu at [2].

If someone wants VisVim for VS.NET, they're going to have to do a fair amount of work. I would suggest tracking the progress of VisEmacs.NET.

[1] http://www.viemu.com/
[2] http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog/ViEmuAViAndVimEmulatorForVisualStudio.aspx

--
/George V. Reilly  mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.georgevreilly.com/blog/