Fwd: Selective spellchecking

BPJ

Fwd: Selective spellchecking

BPJ
Another case of me not finding the relevant parts/tags in the documentation:

Where can I find out how to set things up so that spell checking ignores markup, or conversely so that it ignores everything except comments? I'm sure it works through associating spell check with certain highlight groups — I just can't find it!

TIA,

/Benct

--
Better --help|less than helpless

Re: Fwd: Selective spellchecking

Charles Campbell-2
BPJ wrote:
> Another case of me not finding the relevant parts/tags in the
> documentation:
>
> Where can I find out how to set things up so that spell checking
> ignores markup, or conversely so that it ignores everything except
> comments? I'm sure it works through associating spell check with
> certain highlight groups — I just can't find it!

That's a function of the syntax highlighting files; roughly:  syntax
[match|region] SomeNameHere patterns/start=pattern/end=pattern ...
contains=@Spell

So one specifies  that a syntax match or region will support spell checking.

Regards,
Chip Campbell