Fwd: ":helptags $VIMRUNTIME/doc" gives Error E154: Duplicate tag ":cbe" in quickfix.txt

Fwd: ":helptags $VIMRUNTIME/doc" gives Error E154: Duplicate tag ":cbe" in quickfix.txt

Tony Mechelynck
Hit <Enter> before finishing to add all addressees

Re: ":helptags $VIMRUNTIME/doc" gives Error E154: Duplicate tag ":cbe" in quickfix.txt

Yegappan Lakshmanan
Hi Tony,

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 10:38 AM Tony Mechelynck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hit <Enter> before finishing to add all addressees

Thanks for the report. I have fixed this in PR 4344.

https://github.com/vim/vim/pull/4344

- Yegappan

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 8:46 PM Yegappan Lakshmanan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 10:38 AM Tony Mechelynck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > *:cbe* is found twice in quickfix.txt: at line 142 as a synonym of
> > :cbelow and at line 157 as a synonym of :cbefore. AFAICT it means the
> > latter but ":help :cbe" goes to the former.
> >
> > This is after the runtime update which is part of patch 8.1.1280.
> >

> Thanks for the report. I have fixed this in PR 4344.
>
> https://github.com/vim/vim/pull/4344
>
> - Yegappan

IIUC the proposed change at lines 157-158 is not necessary: typing
:cbe executes the :cbefore command (it fails when there is nowhere to
go backward to and otherwise it goes to some earlier spot in the
text). I tested this after generating a "reproducible" quickfix list
with
        :helpgrep cbe

Re: Fwd: ":helptags $VIMRUNTIME/doc" gives Error E154: Duplicate tag ":cbe" in quickfix.txt

Tony wrote:

> *:cbe* is found twice in quickfix.txt: at line 142 as a synonym of
> :cbelow and at line 157 as a synonym of :cbefore. AFAICT it means the
> latter but ":help :cbe" goes to the former.
>
> This is after the runtime update which is part of patch 8.1.1280.

It should be *:cbel* and ":lbel*.  Also *:lbef* should be *:lbe*.

--
BEDEVERE: How do you know so much about swallows?
ARTHUR:   Well you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.