GVim full install for Windows has no help?

GVim full install for Windows has no help?

Anton Shepelev
Hello, all

I have just installed GVim from this installer:

    https://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/vim/pc/gvim82.exe

using Full installation. When, however, I started GVim and typed
:help GVim informed me that

E433: No tags file
E149: Sorry, no help for help.txt

Is it the intended behavior? Must I download and install help
separately?

/\  http://preview.tinyurl.com/qcy6mjc [archived]

Re: GVim full install for Windows has no help?

Anton Shepelev
I wrote:

> When, however, I started GVim and typed
> :help GVim informed me that
>
> E433: No tags file
> E149: Sorry, no help for help.txt

Problem solved. I had a VIM environment variable on that machine
set up exlusively for the Visual Studio VsVim plugin, and the real
Vim was using that.