Getting Vim's spell checking to play nice with curly quotes

Getting Vim's spell checking to play nice with curly quotes

Benjamin Esham
Hello all,

I've recently been doing a lot with curly quotes (“‘’”) in Vim, and I
noticed that Vim marks "hasn’t" (e.g. with U+2019 instead of an apostrophe)
as a spelling error, while of course "hasn't" is fine.  Is there any way to
get Vim to recognize the "curly" versions of the words on its built-in word
list?  I guess this would take about three minutes to fix with grep and sed,
but I was wondering if there were an easier way than generating the curly
versions of all relevant words and adding them to my personal spell list.

Cheers,
--
Benjamin D. Esham   |   [hidden email]
“Anyone entrusted with power will abuse it if not also animated