Graphical Vim on SuSe?

Steve Litt
Hi all,

I just installed SuSe, and it seems tolerable with one exception: There's no
graphical vim:

slitt@litttest:~> gvim junk.md5
bash: gvim: command not found
slitt@litttest:~> vim -g junk.md5
E25: GUI cannot be used: Not enabled at compile time
slitt@litttest:~>

And yes, I know there is a kvim on SuSe, but I despise KDE, and would rather
switch distros than use KDE just to get a graphical Vim.

Do any SuSe people know an easy way to enable graphical vim on SuSe (v10.0),
hopefully without recompiling the whole thing?

Thanks

SteveT

Re: Graphical Vim on SuSe?

Stefan Schmiedl
Steve Litt (11.01. 13:52):

> Hi all,
>
> I just installed SuSe, and it seems tolerable with one exception: There's no
> graphical vim:

ooohhh... SuSE is the Windows of the Linux distros :-)

> Do any SuSe people know an easy way to enable graphical vim on SuSe (v10.0),
> hopefully without recompiling the whole thing?

Fire up YaST, locate the search box, enter gvim and select the package.
At least that's the way it worked in 8.whatever.

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl