Grouping digraphs

Lifepillar-2
I recall reading about a proposal (by C. Brabandt, I think) for grouping
the presentation of digraphs. I don’t seem to be able to find that
discussion, however. Does anyone know the status of the proposal and
whether there is a patch available to try?

Digraphs are a wonderful feature, except that finding a specific symbol
is often time-consuming. E.g., to type Cyrillic or Greek or math, it
would be much easier if there were "Cyrillic", "Greek", "Math", etc…
sections in the :digraphs output.

Thanks,
Life.

Re: Grouping digraphs

Christian Brabandt

On Mo, 29 Apr 2019, 'Lifepillar' via vim_use wrote:

> I recall reading about a proposal (by C. Brabandt, I think) for grouping
> the presentation of digraphs. I don’t seem to be able to find that
> discussion, however. Does anyone know the status of the proposal and
> whether there is a patch available to try?
>
> Digraphs are a wonderful feature, except that finding a specific symbol
> is often time-consuming. E.g., to type Cyrillic or Greek or math, it
> would be much easier if there were "Cyrillic", "Greek", "Math", etc…
> sections in the :digraphs output.

It has been included. Use the `:digraphs!` command.

Best,
Christian
--
Man muß manchmal von einem Menschen fortgehen, um ihn zu finden.
                -- Heimito von Doderer (Pseudonym: Stangeler, Reneé)

Re: Grouping digraphs

Lifepillar-2
On 30 Apr 2019, at 07:44, Christian Brabandt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mo, 29 Apr 2019, 'Lifepillar' via vim_use wrote:
>
>> I recall reading about a proposal (by C. Brabandt, I think) for grouping
>> the presentation of digraphs. I don’t seem to be able to find that
>> discussion, however. Does anyone know the status of the proposal and
>> whether there is a patch available to try?
>>
>> Digraphs are a wonderful feature, except that finding a specific symbol
>> is often time-consuming. E.g., to type Cyrillic or Greek or math, it
>> would be much easier if there were "Cyrillic", "Greek", "Math", etc…
>> sections in the :digraphs output.
>
> It has been included. Use the `:digraphs!` command.

Awesome!

Thanks,
Life.

Re: Grouping digraphs

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 7:45 AM Christian Brabandt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mo, 29 Apr 2019, 'Lifepillar' via vim_use wrote:
>
> > I recall reading about a proposal (by C. Brabandt, I think) for grouping
> > the presentation of digraphs. I don’t seem to be able to find that
> > discussion, however. Does anyone know the status of the proposal and
> > whether there is a patch available to try?
>
> It has been included. Use the `:digraphs!` command.

Thanks for mentioning.

But (@Lifepillar) Christian is too modest — another great tool for
(among others) searching for and identifying Unicode characters is his
own unicode.vim plugin (which includes online help according to the
great Vim tradition):
* stable version, https://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2822
* development version, https://github.com/chrisbra/unicode.vim

Re: Grouping digraphs

Lifepillar-2
On 30 Apr 2019, at 13:13, Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But (@Lifepillar) Christian is too modest — another great tool for
> (among others) searching for and identifying Unicode characters is his
> own unicode.vim plugin (which includes online help according to the
> great Vim tradition):
> * stable version, https://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2822
> * development version, https://github.com/chrisbra/unicode.vim

That looks like a very useful plugin.