Hide statusline, for each buffer.

Groleo Marius
How can I $subj ?

--
Regards, Groleo!

# touch universe
# chmod +x universe
# ./universe

Re: Hide statusline, for each buffer.

Bugzilla from peterp@stack.nl
Op woensdag 24 augustus 2005 10:34, schreef Groleo Marius:
> How can I $subj ?

:help status shows us the following:

A status line will be used to separate windows.  The 'laststatus' option tells
when the last window also has a status line:
        'laststatus' = 0        never a status line
        'laststatus' = 1        status line if there is more than one window
        'laststatus' = 2        always a status line

so a
:set laststatus=0
will do what you want.

Regards,

Peter Palm

On 8/24/05, Peter Palm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Op woensdag 24 augustus 2005 10:34, schreef Groleo Marius:
> > How can I $subj ?
>
> :help status shows us the following:
>
> A status line will be used to separate windows.  The 'laststatus' option tells
> when the last window also has a status line:
>         'laststatus' = 0        never a status line
>         'laststatus' = 1        status line if there is more than one window
>         'laststatus' = 2        always a status line
>
> so a
> :set laststatus=0
> will do what you want.
>

> Regards,
>
> Peter Palm

Allready did that. Only the statusline, at the bottom gets disabled.
I'm taking about the line that's added when you split. Something like:

---------------------------------------

--------------------------------------  <- split line

: command line

--
Regards, Groleo!

# touch universe
# chmod +x universe
# ./universe

Re: Hide statusline, for each buffer.

A.J.Mechelynck
> On 8/24/05, Peter Palm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Op woensdag 24 augustus 2005 10:34, schreef Groleo Marius:
>> > How can I $subj ?
>>
>> :help status shows us the following:
>>
>> A status line will be used to separate windows.  The 'laststatus' option
>> tells
>> when the last window also has a status line:
>>         'laststatus' = 0        never a status line
>>         'laststatus' = 1        status line if there is more than one
>> window
>>         'laststatus' = 2        always a status line
>>
>> so a
>> :set laststatus=0
>> will do what you want.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Peter Palm
>>

> Allready did that. Only the statusline, at the bottom gets disabled.
> I'm taking about the line that's added when you split. Something like:
>
> ---------------------------------------
> |

> --------------------------------------  <- split line
> |

> : command line
>

> --
> Regards, Groleo!
>
> # touch universe
> # chmod +x universe
> # ./universe

You can't. As soon as there are more than one windows horizontally split,
all of them (except maybe the bottom one) will _always_ have a status line.
Otherwise you wouldn't see where one window ends and where the next one
begins.

On 8/24/05, Tony Mechelynck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

The argument that I wouldn't be able to see where the next window begins,
 doesn't allways apply, since I could enable line numbering.
Any way, good to know, this could't be done :).

--
Regards, Groleo!

# touch universe
# chmod +x universe
# ./universe

Hide commandline, for each buffer.

Thomas-4-2
A related question to the "hide statusline" thread: Is there a way to
hide the command line? Or to show the command line only when actually
needed? Setting cmdheight to 0 obviously doesn't work.

Cheers,
Thomas.

Re: Hide commandline, for each buffer.

A.J.Mechelynck
>A related question to the "hide statusline" thread: Is there a way to
> hide the command line? Or to show the command line only when actually
> needed? Setting cmdheight to 0 obviously doesn't work.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas.

No, there isn't.

Re: Hide commandline, for each buffer.

Michael Naumann
On Wednesday 24 August 2005 16:43, Thomas wrote:
> A related question to the "hide statusline" thread: Is there a way to
> hide the command line? Or to show the command line only when actually
> needed? Setting cmdheight to 0 obviously doesn't work.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas.

Closest you can get is with
:he 'ls