How do I check if a file is opened remotely (using netrw through for example scp://)

How do I check if a file is opened remotely (using netrw through for example scp://)

Peter Nguyen
I need to disable YouCompleteMe when a file is opened remotely using netrw through for example scp:// as it freezes my Vim. Is there a way to do this with Vimscript in my .vimrc?

Re: How do I check if a file is opened remotely (using netrw through for example scp://)

Charles Campbell
Peter Nguyen wrote:
> I need to disable YouCompleteMe when a file is opened remotely using netrw through for example scp:// as it freezes my Vim. Is there a way to do this with Vimscript in my .vimrc?

Hello:  In order to support :Rexplore, netrw sets up a variable:
w:netrw_rexlocal (0 for remote, 1 for local).  You could probably use
that (exists("w:netrw_rexlocal"), etc).  That variable is not part of
the netrw documentation, so its possible that it might change, but I
doubt that I'll do so.

Regards,
Chip Campbell