How to change the display on the caption of a gvim window?

How to change the display on the caption of a gvim window?

Peng Yu

Hi,

The current caption of a gvim window on my system shows <filename>
(<dirname>). When <dirname> is too long to be shown completely in the
captions, gvim would show the head and the tail of <dirname>, with the
middle part omitted (indicated by ...).

However, in my application, the information on the heads are usually
not useful. Therefore, I would like to show more on the tails and I
don't need the heads.

Is there a way to configure gvim this way?

Thanks,
Peng

Re: How to change the display on the caption of a gvim window?

François Ingelrest

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 19:56, Peng Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The current caption of a gvim window on my system shows <filename>
> (<dirname>). When <dirname> is too long to be shown completely in the
> captions, gvim would show the head and the tail of <dirname>, with the
> middle part omitted (indicated by ...).
>
> However, in my application, the information on the heads are usually
> not useful. Therefore, I would like to show more on the tails and I
> don't need the heads.
>
> Is there a way to configure gvim this way?

You can try something like this:

:set title
:set titlestring=%.30F

See :h statusline for more information. If you want a more complex
behavior, you can also define your own function.