How to conceal the "#" markdown symbol?

Joey Ling
1. I want to conceal the "#" markdown symbol in all cases except when I start to edit the header line like the Typora style?

2. What's the <ac> symbol in the toc buffer like the screenshot below and how to remove it?

https://groups.google.com/group/pandoc-discuss/attach/113699c84bafcf/TIM%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20190118145234.png?part=0.1&view=1&authuser=0

Re: How to conceal the "#" markdown symbol?

Tony Mechelynck
On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 6:25 AM Joey Ling <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 1. I want to conceal the "#" markdown symbol in all cases except when I start to edit the header line like the Typora style?

see :help conceal

> 2. What's the <ac> symbol in the toc buffer like the screenshot below and how to remove it?
>
> https://groups.google.com/group/pandoc-discuss/attach/113699c84bafcf/TIM%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20190118145234.png?part=0.1&view=1&authuser=0

I think it represents the byte 0xAC and that that byte is not a
"printable character" in your 'encoding'.
See
        :help 'display'
        :help 'isprint'