Quantcast

How to deactivate a plugin ?

epanda
Hi,

I would like to deactivate NERDTree plugin in order to let Netrw
plugin e command do its job fine .

How can I do ?

Thanks

Re: How to deactivate a plugin ?

MarcWeber
Excerpts from epanda's message of Fri Jan 15 16:15:27 +0100 2010:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to deactivate NERDTree plugin in order to let Netrw
> plugin e command do its job fine .

In general Vim was never designed to unload things.
You can find the autocommands and commands and remove them manually
However this is taking much time.

So if you know exactly what is causing trouble you have a chance.
If not I'd recommend installing http://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-manager
and activate NERDTree using :ActivatePlugin ... as needed only.

So without further details it's hard to give much advice in particular
because I do not know either of both plugins very well..

I think you know how you can comment out parts of plugin/NERDTree.vim
files to see what is causing trouble.

Using vim -cmd etc you can automate your testcase.

Good luck
Marc Weber

On 15 jan, 16:22, Marc Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Excerpts from epanda's message of Fri Jan 15 16:15:27 +0100 2010:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I would like to deactivate NERDTree plugin in order to let Netrw
> > plugin e command do its job fine .
>
> In general Vim was never designed to unload things.
> You can find the autocommands and commands and remove them manually
> However this is taking much time.
>
> So if you know exactly what is causing trouble you have a chance.
> If not I'd recommend installinghttp://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-manager
> and activate NERDTree using :ActivatePlugin ... as needed only.
>
> So without further details it's hard to give much advice in particular
> because I do not know either of both plugins very well..
>
> I think you know how you can comment out parts of plugin/NERDTree.vim
> files to see what is causing trouble.
>
> Using vim -cmd etc you can automate your testcase.
>
> Good luck
> Marc Weber
Details are in the previous post I have made.
I am trying to copy local file to ftp distant directory with Netrw
plugin.
So I want to mark local  file and do a copy to a marked target ftp
directory

But e mylocalpath launch NERDTree instead of Nread. Then I cannot mark
my local file

Re: How to deactivate a plugin ?

david-735

> I would like to deactivate NERDTree plugin in order to let Netrw
> plugin e command do its job fine .
>
> How can I do ?
>
> Thanks

You are lucky, I was just reviewing my settings :

let NERDTreeHijackNetrw=0

By the way, another option I found useful :

let NERDTreeShowBookmarks=1

David

On 15 jan, 16:30, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Hi,
>
> > I would like to deactivate NERDTree plugin in order to let Netrw
> > plugin e command do its job fine .
>
> > How can I do ?
>
> > Thanks
>
> You are lucky, I was just reviewing my settings :
>
> let NERDTreeHijackNetrw=0
>
> By the way, another option I found useful :
>
> let NERDTreeShowBookmarks=1
>
> > --
> > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
> --
> David
I am searching for a deactivation on the fly, just before doing :

e /mylocalpath

Re: How to deactivate a plugin ?

Tom Link-3
> I am searching for a deactivation on the fly, just before doing :
>
> e /mylocalpath

I'm no nerdtree user but if you check the source, you'll find

    if g:NERDTreeHijackNetrw
        augroup NERDTreeHijackNetrw
            autocmd VimEnter * silent! autocmd! FileExplorer
            au BufEnter,VimEnter * call s:checkForBrowse(expand
("<amatch>"))
        augroup END
    endif

You should thus be able to disable the plugin by doing

    au! NERDTreeHijackNetrw

In order to re-enable the plugin, you probably have to reload it:

    unlet loaded_nerd_tree
    runtime plugin/nerdtree.vim

HTH

On 15 jan, 17:19, Tom Link <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I am searching for a deactivation on the fly, just before doing :
>
> > e /mylocalpath
>
> I'm no nerdtree user but if you check the source, you'll find
>
>     if g:NERDTreeHijackNetrw
>         augroup NERDTreeHijackNetrw
>             autocmd VimEnter * silent! autocmd! FileExplorer
>             au BufEnter,VimEnter * call s:checkForBrowse(expand
> ("<amatch>"))
>         augroup END
>     endif
>
> You should thus be able to disable the plugin by doing
>
>     au! NERDTreeHijackNetrw
>
> In order to re-enable the plugin, you probably have to reload it:
>
>     unlet loaded_nerd_tree
>     runtime plugin/nerdtree.vim
>
> HTH
Thanks Tom