How to find what's causing mapped key timeout delay

How to find what's causing mapped key timeout delay

Mike McNally-2
Running Vim 6.3 on Linux w/ X.org

When I've got ttimeout enabled and ttimeoutlen set to 1000, then
typing "O" in normal mode (open a blank line above) incurs the
delay.  Turning off ttimeout cures that problem, but I do need
the ttimeout for other mappings.

How can I find out what mappings are causing the ttimeout delay?
Typing ":map" does not show any mappings starting with upper-case
'O'.

[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- [hidden email]

Re: How to find what's causing mapped key timeout delay

Eric Arnold

I've noticed that :map  does not show mappings for <buffer> local
mappings unless you specify <buffer>, i.e.
    :map <buffer>

I does seem like "O" is mapped, otherwise "ttimeout" wouldn't affect it

--- Mike McNally <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Running Vim 6.3 on Linux w/ X.org
>
> When I've got ttimeout enabled and ttimeoutlen set to 1000, then
> typing "O" in normal mode (open a blank line above) incurs the
> delay.  Turning off ttimeout cures that problem, but I do need
> the ttimeout for other mappings.
>
> How can I find out what mappings are causing the ttimeout delay?
> Typing ":map" does not show any mappings starting with upper-case
> 'O'.
>
> --
> [ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- [hidden email]

Re: How to find what's causing mapped key timeout delay

Mike McNally-2
> I've noticed that :map  does not show mappings for <buffer> local
> mappings unless you specify <buffer>, i.e.
>     :map <buffer>
>
> I does seem like "O" is mapped, otherwise "ttimeout" wouldn't affect it

Well, :map <buffer> doesn't show anything.  I wonder if it's
an abbreviation?  But :abbreviate doesn't return anything either.

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- [hidden email]