Quantcast

How to map to <ctrl-i>?

'Suresh Govindachar' via vim_use
Hello,

How can <ctrl-p> be made to work as <ctrl-i>?  Following does not work
for me:

    nnoremap <ctrl-p> <ctrl-i>

Asking because I want to use <ctrl-i> aka <tab> to move among split
buffers via:

     nnoremap <Tab>     <C-w>w

while using <ctrl-p> and <ctrl-o> to navigate the jump-list.

Thanks,

--Suresh

Re: How to map to <ctrl-i>?

Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov
<[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
>
> How can <ctrl-p> be made to work as <ctrl-i>?  Following does not work for
> me:
>
>    nnoremap <ctrl-p> <ctrl-i>

Why do you use `<C-` below, but `<Ctrl-` here? Longer variant is not
going to work.