How to profile next command

Ni Va
Hi,

I note that next command has a slow jumping to next odd.

How can I profile next command  ?

Thank you
NiVa

Re: How to profile next command

Ni Va
if it can help.

This mapping is bad :  nnoremap noh :noh<cr>

It takes 2 seconds before jumping to next occurence when you search for a sentence.

Le mardi 24 décembre 2019 11:16:24 UTC+1, Ni Va a écrit :
Hi,

I note that next command has a slow jumping to next odd.

How can I profile next command  ?

Thank you
NiVa

Re: How to profile next command

Tony Mechelynck
On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 11:37 AM Ni Va <[hidden email]> wrote:

> if it can help.
>
> This mapping is bad :  nnoremap noh :noh<cr>
>
> It takes 2 seconds before jumping to next occurence when you search for a sentence.

This is expected: when you type n to search for next match after
having defined this mapping, Vim waits for 'timeoutlen' millseconds
(default 1000) to see if an o is coming (and if it is, then an h). You
could either define a second mapping, e.g. ":nnoremap nn n" or forgo
your noh mapping altogether.