How to use spell checkers

Furash Gary
Body text ends up looking like this in vimoutliner:

        :some text
        :some more text

Most of the spell checkers for VI (or otherwise) think ":some" is a
mispelled word.

Does someone have a simple way to fix this when spellchecking outlines?

Re: How to use spell checkers

Steve Litt
On Tuesday 21 February 2006 10:31 am, Furash Gary wrote:
> Body text ends up looking like this in vimoutliner:
> :some text
> :some more text
>
> Most of the spell checkers for VI (or otherwise) think ":some" is a
> mispelled word.
>
> Does someone have a simple way to fix this when spellchecking outlines?

,,B replaces the colon with space. Then run spellchecker, and then revert to
colons with ,,b.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
   * Troubleshooters.Com
   * http://www.troubleshooters.com

Re: How to use spell checkers

Noel Henson
On Tuesday 21 February 2006 07:31, Furash Gary wrote:

> Body text ends up looking like this in vimoutliner:
> :some text
> :some more text
>
> Most of the spell checkers for VI (or otherwise) think ":some" is a
> mispelled word.
>
> Does someone have a simple way to fix this when spellchecking outlines?

I think you may be missing the space after the colon.

Try using:
        : some text
        : some more text

Re: How to use spell checkers

Steve Litt
On Tuesday 21 February 2006 12:21 pm, Noel Henson wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 February 2006 07:31, Furash Gary wrote:
> > Body text ends up looking like this in vimoutliner:
> > :some text
> > :some more text
> >
> > Most of the spell checkers for VI (or otherwise) think ":some" is a
> > mispelled word.
> >
> > Does someone have a simple way to fix this when spellchecking outlines?
>
> I think you may be missing the space after the colon.
>
> Try using:
> : some text
> : some more text

Oh yeah I forgot about that. In my experience, bad things happen in rewrapping
if you do not use a space after the colon.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: