I have a windows installation issue.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I have a windows installation issue.

Kellen Andrilenas
Hello everyone,

I am having issues with installing VO on my windows vim 7.0.  I followed
the windows instructions, but it just won't work.  I am not even getting
an error or anything (I don't really know if I should be getting one).
I looked through the archives but didn't find an answer to my problem,
as far a I can tell.
Does VO work with 7.0? I also tried it with a 6.4 version of vim from
the cream windows installer.

Any suggestions?

-Kellen
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Peter Princz
Kellen,

On 12/05/06, Kellen Andrilenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am having issues with installing VO on my windows vim 7.0.  I followed
> the windows instructions, but it just won't work.  I am not even getting
> an error or anything (I don't really know if I should be getting one).
> I looked through the archives but didn't find an answer to my problem,
> as far a I can tell.
> Does VO work with 7.0? I also tried it with a 6.4 version of vim from
> the cream windows installer.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> -Kellen

I'm on windows 2000 professional (corporate standard) and gvim
(personal preference :) currently 6.4, and of course, VimOutliner.
I don't have any problem, following the install instructions it just
started working.
I plan to upgrade to vim 7.0 soon, will let you know if I run into any problems.

Have a nice day,
  Peter
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Russell, Sean
In reply to this post by Kellen Andrilenas
On Thursday 11 May 2006 23:41, Kellen Andrilenas wrote:
> Does VO work with 7.0? I also tried it with a 6.4 version of vim from
> the cream windows installer.

I'm using VO with Vim 7.0 on Linux.

--- SER

Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.


_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Steve Litt
On Friday 12 May 2006 10:00 am, Russell, Sean wrote:
> On Thursday 11 May 2006 23:41, Kellen Andrilenas wrote:
> > Does VO work with 7.0? I also tried it with a 6.4 version of vim from
> > the cream windows installer.
>
> I'm using VO with Vim 7.0 on Linux.
>
> --- SER

I've gotta get out more. I didn't even know there *existed* a Vim 7.0. What
are the benefits of upgrading to 7.0? As you all probably know, it was the
folding feature new to 6.0 that made VimOutliner possible.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Tim Roberts
Steve Litt wrote:

>I've gotta get out more. I didn't even know there *existed* a Vim 7.0. What
>are the benefits of upgrading to 7.0? As you all probably know, it was the
>folding feature new to 6.0 that made VimOutliner possible.
>  
>

The public release of vim 7.0 is less than a week old, so you can be
excused for missing the memo.  ;)  It's been in beta for a very long time.

It has tabbed editing ("tabs" in the Firefox sense, not in the "tab key"
sense), better Unicode support, better word completion for many
proramming languages, and it understand zip files.  There are a lot of
bug fixes, but I have not yet seen anything to convince me that 7.0 is a
must-have upgrade (unlike 6.0).  I'm still happy with 6.3.

--
Tim Roberts, [hidden email]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Sean E. Russell-2
On Friday 12 May 2006 12:51, Tim Roberts wrote:
> It has tabbed editing ("tabs" in the Firefox sense, not in the "tab key"

Yeah.  Tabs was the big thing, for me.  I don't know that 7.0 has much to
offer Outliner, specifically.  I haven't really dug into many of the new
features.

> proramming languages, and it understand zip files.  There are a lot of
> bug fixes, but I have not yet seen anything to convince me that 7.0 is a
> must-have upgrade (unlike 6.0).  I'm still happy with 6.3.

Tabs, dude.  Tabs.

Seriously, though, I've always been a little uncomfortable working with Vim
buffers.  I've always found it to take too many keystrokes, or take too much
screen space, to keep track of vim buffers.  Tab support solves this for me,
and has the added benefit that each tab is its own view, meaning you can have
different split layouts and flip between them easily.

Taaaaaabs.

--- SER

Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipients named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender of that fact and delete the e-mail from your system.


_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Stefan Schmiedl
In reply to this post by Steve Litt
Steve Litt (12.05. 11:08):

> I've gotta get out more. I didn't even know there *existed* a Vim 7.0. What
> are the benefits of upgrading to 7.0? As you all probably know, it was the
> folding feature new to 6.0 that made VimOutliner possible.
>

quoting :help version7

    The |getscript| plugin was added as a convenient way to update
    scripts from www.vim.org automatically. (Charles Campbell)

    The |vimball| plugin was added as a convenient way to distribute a
    set of files for a plugin (plugin file, autoload script,
    documentation).  (Charles Campbell)

soo.... who'll be the first to build a vimball of vimoutliner?

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
|Approximity GmbH               | EDV-Beratung Schmiedl                  |
|http://www.approximity.com     | Am Bräuweiher 4, 93499 Zandt, Germany  |
|mailto:[hidden email]  | Tel. (09944) 3068-98, Fax -97          |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Steve Litt
On Friday 12 May 2006 07:27 pm, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> Steve Litt (12.05. 11:08):
> > I've gotta get out more. I didn't even know there *existed* a Vim 7.0.
> > What are the benefits of upgrading to 7.0? As you all probably know, it
> > was the folding feature new to 6.0 that made VimOutliner possible.
>
> quoting :help version7
>
>     The |getscript| plugin was added as a convenient way to update
>     scripts from www.vim.org automatically. (Charles Campbell)
>
>     The |vimball| plugin was added as a convenient way to distribute a
>     set of files for a plugin (plugin file, autoload script,
>     documentation).  (Charles Campbell)
>
> soo.... who'll be the first to build a vimball of vimoutliner?

Am I hearing you correctly, that a single vimball would install anywhere --
Linux, Windows, whatever? Also, would the Vimball also install necessary
scripts (Perl, Python, Ruby)?

SteveT
 
Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Steve Litt
In reply to this post by Stefan Schmiedl
On Friday 12 May 2006 07:27 pm, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> soo.... who'll be the first to build a vimball of vimoutliner?

I'm not gonna build it entirely myself, but I'll get the vimball rolling.
(American idiom, don't worry if U don't get the joke)

Here's a list of what I believe to be the files in our distribution, or files
needed to be modified.

From there, somebody who understands vimballing might be able to put together
the first vimoutlinerball.

SteveT
 
Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
   * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm

_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner

vimoutlinerball.otl (377 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Stefan Schmiedl
Steve Litt (12.05. 23:25):

> On Friday 12 May 2006 07:27 pm, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
>
> > soo.... who'll be the first to build a vimball of vimoutliner?
>
> I'm not gonna build it entirely myself, but I'll get the vimball rolling.

:-)

> (American idiom, don't worry if U don't get the joke)

heh ... nine years of a language in high school, heavily supported by
high class literature (only bought because of the articles) does wonders
to mastering a language ... I wonder what a Latin edition of Playboy
would have done to my classmates Latin grades ;->

s.

> /home/yourname
> .vimrc
> .vimoutlinerrc
> .vim
> doc
> tags
> vo_readme.txt
> filetype.vim
> ftdetect
> my_vo_extensions.vim
> vo_base.vim
> ftplugin
> vo_base.vim
> syntax
> vo_base.vim
> .vimoutliner
> colors
> plugins
> vo_checkbox.otl
> vo_checkbox.vim
> vo_hoist.otl
> vo_hoist.vim
> scripts
> otl2html.py
> vo_maketags.pl
> vo_tags.tag

> _______________________________________________
> VimOutliner mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner


--
Stefan Schmiedl
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
|Approximity GmbH               | EDV-Beratung Schmiedl                  |
|http://www.approximity.com     | Am Bräuweiher 4, 93499 Zandt, Germany  |
|mailto:[hidden email]  | Tel. (09944) 3068-98, Fax -97          |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Stefan Schmiedl
In reply to this post by Steve Litt
Steve Litt (12.05. 19:33):

> On Friday 12 May 2006 07:27 pm, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> >
> > quoting :help version7
> >
> >     The |getscript| plugin was added as a convenient way to update
> >     scripts from www.vim.org automatically. (Charles Campbell)
> >
> >     The |vimball| plugin was added as a convenient way to distribute a
> >     set of files for a plugin (plugin file, autoload script,
> >     documentation).  (Charles Campbell)
> >
> > soo.... who'll be the first to build a vimball of vimoutliner?
>
> Am I hearing you correctly, that a single vimball would install anywhere --
> Linux, Windows, whatever? Also, would the Vimball also install necessary
> scripts (Perl, Python, Ruby)?

As always, I don't know what I'm talking about here. I just read this
in the help file last night. But in light of our difficulties in
providing a working setup procedure for lots of platforms, it struck
me as interesting.

I *do* expect vim to put the files into the correct places, as who would
know better where to put them but vim itself?

Re script placement, well, there *is* no canonical place to put external
scripts, neither on linux (local vs. global install) nor on windows.
And prerequisite handling as done in apt or emerge is a little bit
too much to expect from a text editor, which should not even try to
mess with those things, IMO.

s.

>
> SteveT
>  
> Steve Litt
> Author:
>    * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
>    * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
>    * Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting
>    * Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
>    * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
>
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm
> _______________________________________________
> VimOutliner mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner

--
Stefan Schmiedl
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
|Approximity GmbH               | EDV-Beratung Schmiedl                  |
|http://www.approximity.com     | Am Bräuweiher 4, 93499 Zandt, Germany  |
|mailto:[hidden email]  | Tel. (09944) 3068-98, Fax -97          |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Peter Princz
In reply to this post by Peter Princz
Kellen,

On 12/05/06, Peter Princz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Kellen,
>
> On 12/05/06, Kellen Andrilenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am having issues with installing VO on my windows vim 7.0.  I followed
> > the windows instructions, but it just won't work.  I am not even getting
> > an error or anything (I don't really know if I should be getting one).
> > I looked through the archives but didn't find an answer to my problem,
> > as far a I can tell.
> > Does VO work with 7.0? I also tried it with a 6.4 version of vim from
> > the cream windows installer.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > -Kellen
>
> I'm on windows 2000 professional (corporate standard) and gvim
> (personal preference :) currently 6.4, and of course, VimOutliner.
> I don't have any problem, following the install instructions it just
> started working.
> I plan to upgrade to vim 7.0 soon, will let you know if I run into any problems.
>
> Have a nice day,
>  Peter
>

I just upgraded (yesterday) to vim7. I decided to keep 6.4 for safety
reasons for a while.
VimOutliner works as before, in fact I can't even tell the difference
from gvim6.4 in my outline file, had to check with :version if I'm
using vim7 (yes) or still 6.4. Even the cursor landed on the same line
where I left it in the last 6.4 session. :)

Note: this is *not* a maiden install as I suspect your case is, but I
applied the  following sequence, IIRC:
(i) install vim 6.4
(ii) install vimoutliner 0.3.3
(iii) upgrade vimoutliner from 0.3.3 to 0.3.4
(iv) upgrade vim from 6.4 to 7.0

I'm not saying do this, I'm pretty sure it should work with your
sequence (install the latest stuff from everything, that is vim7 and
vo 0.3.4) also.

Could you specify exactly what is working and what not, along with all
of your observations, so that we could help?

Have a nice day,
  Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Kellen Andrilenas
Peter,

Let me see...

My maiden install of 7.0 works just fine, all the default syntax stuff
and settings are OK.  I installed the latest Cream and it works fine as
well.  I don't know quite what is doing it, but I am guessing that VO is
just not starting up.  I did add the three lines to the _vimrc  so it
should be starting up.  Should I get an error if the _vimrc stuff is
fine, but something is missing elsewhere?  I assume that vim will just
use the _vimrc by default...is that right?

Thank you!  Have a good one.

-Kellen

Peter Princz wrote:

> Kellen,
>
> On 12/05/06, Peter Princz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Kellen,
>>
>> On 12/05/06, Kellen Andrilenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello everyone,
>> >
>> > I am having issues with installing VO on my windows vim 7.0.  I
>> followed
>> > the windows instructions, but it just won't work.  I am not even
>> getting
>> > an error or anything (I don't really know if I should be getting one).
>> > I looked through the archives but didn't find an answer to my problem,
>> > as far a I can tell.
>> > Does VO work with 7.0? I also tried it with a 6.4 version of vim from
>> > the cream windows installer.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>> >
>> > -Kellen
>>
>> I'm on windows 2000 professional (corporate standard) and gvim
>> (personal preference :) currently 6.4, and of course, VimOutliner.
>> I don't have any problem, following the install instructions it just
>> started working.
>> I plan to upgrade to vim 7.0 soon, will let you know if I run into any
>> problems.
>>
>> Have a nice day,
>>  Peter
>>
>
> I just upgraded (yesterday) to vim7. I decided to keep 6.4 for safety
> reasons for a while.
> VimOutliner works as before, in fact I can't even tell the difference
> from gvim6.4 in my outline file, had to check with :version if I'm
> using vim7 (yes) or still 6.4. Even the cursor landed on the same line
> where I left it in the last 6.4 session. :)
>
> Note: this is *not* a maiden install as I suspect your case is, but I
> applied the  following sequence, IIRC:
> (i) install vim 6.4
> (ii) install vimoutliner 0.3.3
> (iii) upgrade vimoutliner from 0.3.3 to 0.3.4
> (iv) upgrade vim from 6.4 to 7.0
>
> I'm not saying do this, I'm pretty sure it should work with your
> sequence (install the latest stuff from everything, that is vim7 and
> vo 0.3.4) also.
>
> Could you specify exactly what is working and what not, along with all
> of your observations, so that we could help?
>
> Have a nice day,
>  Peter
>
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Peter Princz
Kellen,

On 16/05/06, Kellen Andrilenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Let me see...
>
> My maiden install of 7.0 works just fine, all the default syntax stuff
> and settings are OK.  I installed the latest Cream and it works fine as
> well.  I don't know quite what is doing it, but I am guessing that VO is
> just not starting up.  I did add the three lines to the _vimrc  so it
> should be starting up.  Should I get an error if the _vimrc stuff is
> fine, but something is missing elsewhere?  I assume that vim will just
> use the _vimrc by default...is that right?
>
> Thank you!  Have a good one.
>
> -Kellen
>

to be very open and honest, I vener heard about cream, had to google on it.
Are you reffering to this one: http://cream.sourceforge.net/ ?

I don't have time to dig into it and check if it contains (aggregates)
VimOutliner, but please note I do not have cream, but VimOutliner per
se installed.

Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried to fetch VimOutliner from
here and to install it at all: http://www.vimoutliner.org/ ?
Or do you assume installing cream will install VimOutliner as well?
(Maybe, I don't know.)

Have a nice day,
  Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Peter Princz
In reply to this post by Sean E. Russell-2
Sean,

On 12/05/06, Sean Russell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Friday 12 May 2006 12:51, Tim Roberts wrote:
> > It has tabbed editing ("tabs" in the Firefox sense, not in the "tab key"
>
> Yeah.  Tabs was the big thing, for me.  I don't know that 7.0 has much to
> offer Outliner, specifically.  I haven't really dug into many of the new
> features.
>
> > proramming languages, and it understand zip files.  There are a lot of
> > bug fixes, but I have not yet seen anything to convince me that 7.0 is a
> > must-have upgrade (unlike 6.0).  I'm still happy with 6.3.
>
> Tabs, dude.  Tabs.
>
> Seriously, though, I've always been a little uncomfortable working with Vim
> buffers.  I've always found it to take too many keystrokes, or take too much
> screen space, to keep track of vim buffers.  Tab support solves this for me,
> and has the added benefit that each tab is its own view, meaning you can have
> different split layouts and flip between them easily.
>
> Taaaaaabs.
>
> --- SER
>

I agree with you: tabs are one of the great improvements in the vim7 release.
(But, to be honest, there are many others, maybe even more important
ones for some.)

However, to stay ontopic, I live in a one and only huge outliner file
("BrainDump.otl" :), which -for now- contains even its' own archive
(:-o).

Sometimes it is a pain to navigate quickly between different parts of
it. (Hoisting is not a solution for this problem.)

So far I've been using :split to open several windows to the same
buffer, but now in vim7 I tried the tabs. It is a very preliminary
observation but it seems to work perfectly until you yank from one tab
to the other, then the second tab becomes garbled. (Note: both tabs
show the same buffer, the same file.)

Luckily it is garbled on the display only, not the file itself. Also
it can report ambigously on the tabs whether the file is saved or
dirty.

So in short: for now I try to be careful and use tabs on experimental
outline files only, but went back to the good old :split with my
BrainDump. :(
(I even kept 6.4 installed for a while, I spend my day in vim and can't risk.)

Let me add this: I haven't had the time yet to read thru all the
documentation of vim7 related to tabs, just started using it minutes
after installing it... :)

Will let you know how I progress, if you don't mind.

Have a nice day,
  Peter

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Sean E. Russell-2
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 07:53, Peter Princz wrote:
> However, to stay ontopic, I live in a one and only huge outliner file
> ("BrainDump.otl" :), which -for now- contains even its' own archive
> (:-o).

I've started moving "completed" items into their own file; this is where the
tabs are coming in handy.  Before, I was splitting the window, but it was
awkward (for me) to navigate the various buffers so I too was using One Big
Outline.  Now (thanks to tabs) I've started splitting it up, and I'm much
happier.

> Sometimes it is a pain to navigate quickly between different parts of
> it. (Hoisting is not a solution for this problem.)

Hoisting?  Bringing items to the top (leftmost) level?

> Let me add this: I haven't had the time yet to read thru all the
> documentation of vim7 related to tabs, just started using it minutes
> after installing it... :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't worked out all of the bugs yet.

--
### SER  
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Aikido|Iaido
### http://www.ser1.net  jabber.com:ser  ICQ:83578737
### GPG: http://www.ser1.net/Security/ser_public.gpg
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Kellen Andrilenas
In reply to this post by Peter Princz
Peter Princz wrote:

> Kellen,
>
> On 16/05/06, Kellen Andrilenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> Let me see...
>>
>> My maiden install of 7.0 works just fine, all the default syntax stuff
>> and settings are OK.  I installed the latest Cream and it works fine as
>> well.  I don't know quite what is doing it, but I am guessing that VO is
>> just not starting up.  I did add the three lines to the _vimrc  so it
>> should be starting up.  Should I get an error if the _vimrc stuff is
>> fine, but something is missing elsewhere?  I assume that vim will just
>> use the _vimrc by default...is that right?
>>
>> Thank you!  Have a good one.
>>
>> -Kellen
>>
>
> to be very open and honest, I vener heard about cream, had to google on it.
> Are you reffering to this one: http://cream.sourceforge.net/ ?
>
> I don't have time to dig into it and check if it contains (aggregates)
> VimOutliner, but please note I do not have cream, but VimOutliner per
> se installed.
>
> Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried to fetch VimOutliner from
> here and to install it at all: http://www.vimoutliner.org/ ?
> Or do you assume installing cream will install VimOutliner as well?
> (Maybe, I don't know.)
>
> Have a nice day,
>  Peter
>

I don't believe that Cream has VimOutliner in it, it'd be neat if it
did.  I just mentioned cream as support for my claim that Vim is working
normally (able to run modifications and the like), it is just the
outliner installation that is being difficult.  As you probably seen
Cream is just a vim modification.  It only runs if I use a shortcut with
switches and things.

I went to the VimOutliner.org site and got the windows zip of 0.3.4.  My
problem is I followed the text file for the windows install instructions
and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
-Kellen

PS
cream.sourceforge.net is the site!
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I have a windows installation issue.

Peter Princz
Kellen,

On 17/05/06, Kellen Andrilenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I went to the VimOutliner.org site and got the windows zip of 0.3.4.  My
> problem is I followed the text file for the windows install instructions
> and I don't know what I am doing wrong.
>
> Thanks
> -Kellen
>

oops, sorry for stupid questions then. But then this is really bad
news, I'm afraid I can't help then, except for a last idea, see below.

I simply followed the instructions in this [1] file step-by-step, and
it just started working. I think you are referring to this [1] install
instruction also...

I realise you added the three lines to your _vimrc as per requested at
the tail of [1], so I just assume your installation was actually
successful :), and only your vim session doesn't recognise your file
as an outline file :(.

Try to enforce this by a:

:set filetype=vo_base
:set syntax=vo_base

and see what happens. (:-o)

Have a nice day,
  Peter

[1] http://www.vimoutliner.org/files/vowin.txt

--
Keep cool. Develop in total darkness.
_______________________________________________
VimOutliner mailing list
[hidden email]
http://www.lists.vimoutliner.org/mailman/listinfo/vimoutliner