I made the Sidebar disappear

Torsten Uhlmann
Hi,

I have recently updated my MacVim through Homebrew to version 7.4.52.
Until yesterday it was nicely showing the file browser sidebar. After closing MacVim once with CMD-Q that sidebar has disappeared and I can't seem to get it back.

In the preferences dialog there is no mention of it (I read in some posts that one can switch it on/off in the preferences).

I read Shift-CMD-D would toggle the Sidebar, doesn't work.

The plist file in ~/Library/Preferences/org.vim.MacVim.plist lists the sidebar as open:

MMSidebarVisible: true

Still I can't see it.
I removed MacVim with brew rm, I also removed the preferences file without any luck.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Torsten.

Re: I made the Sidebar disappear

Niklas Lindström
Hi Torsten,

The MacVim-with-file-browser is a fork of MacVim [1], so you had probably installed it manually before, or using e.g. [2].

Cheers,
Niklas

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Torsten Uhlmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your help!

Got it running again with all its file browsing glory.

Thanks,
Torsten.