I need a VO history

Steve Litt
Hi all,

I need a VO history for my presentation tomorrow night. Were there any 0.2.x
versions besides 0.2.0, and if so, when were each released? When was the
release date of the various 0.3.x? When was Stephan's calender app released,
and when did Stephan join the project?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org

Re: I need a VO history

Stefan Schmiedl
Steve Litt (26.10. 21:59):

> Hi all,
>
> I need a VO history for my presentation tomorrow night. Were there any 0.2.x
> versions besides 0.2.0, and if so, when were each released? When was the
> release date of the various 0.3.x? When was Stephan's calender app released,
> and when did Stephan join the project?

:s/ph/f/g :-)

Looking at my email archive Outline Calendar escaped into public
on Oct 23, 2003. According to vimoutliner.org, it was added on
Oct 24 (Downloads, Experimental, Scripts).

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl

Re: I need a VO history

Noel Henson
On Wednesday 26 October 2005 06:59 pm, Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need a VO history for my presentation tomorrow night. Were there any
> 0.2.x versions besides 0.2.0, and if so, when were each released? When
> was the release date of the various 0.3.x? When was Stephan's calender
> app released, and when did Stephan join the project?
>
> Thanks
>
> SteveT

Steve,

Here is a basic history.

Version 0.2.0 (actually Version 0.2.1): 11/24/2002
Version 0.2.5: 11/27/2002
Version 0.2.6: 12/07/2002
Version 0.2.26: 1/16/2002
Version 0.2.32: 1/30/2002
Version 0.3.0: 6/20/2003
Version 0.3.1: 10/23/2003
Version 0.3.2: 2/27/2004
Version 0.3.3: 1/19/2005
Version 0.3.4: 6/20/2005

Good luck with your presentation.

Noel

PS: Are you going to post your slides?

Re: I need a VO history

Matej Cepl-2
Steve Litt wrote:
> I need a VO history for my presentation tomorrow night. Were there any
> 0.2.x versions besides 0.2.0, and if so, when were each released? When was
> the release date of the various 0.3.x? When was Stephan's calender app
> released, and when did Stephan join the project?

If you (and others) would send me your arhives of VO list (as promised many
many weeks ago), then you could find it on gmane :-).

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

[W]hat country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time that [the] people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms...The tree of liberty must be
refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and
tyrants.
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

Re: Re: I need a VO history

Noel Henson
On Thursday 27 October 2005 06:55 am, Matej Cepl wrote:
> If you (and others) would send me your arhives of VO list (as promised
> many many weeks ago), then you could find it on gmane :-).
>
> Matej

Matej,

Due to a crash on a server, I lost some of the early, early stuff. If you
like, I do have a complete (I think) copy of the list that goes back to
5/12/2003. It's a 5MB gzip file that gunzips to over 13MB.

Noel

Re: Re: I need a VO history

Matej Cepl-2
Noel Henson wrote:
> Due to a crash on a server, I lost some of the early, early stuff. If you
> like, I do have a complete (I think) copy of the list that goes back to
> 5/12/2003. It's a 5MB gzip file that gunzips to over 13MB.

Put it somewhere on the Web, please.

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

"Anything essential is invisible to the eyes", the little prince repeated,
in order to remember.
"It's the time you spent on your rose that makes your rose so important."
"It's the time I spent on my rose ...," the little prince repeated, in order
to remember.
"Pepople have forgotten this truth." the fox said. "But you mustn't forget
it.
You become responsible forever for what you've tamed. You're responsible for
your rose..."
"I'm responsible for my rose...," the little prince repeated, in order to
remember.
    -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: The Little Prince

Re: Re: Re: I need a VO history

Noel Henson
> Put it somewhere on the Web, please.
>
> Matej

Here you go!
http://www.vimoutliner.org/files/VOList.gz

It's a single file output from KMail.

Noel

Re: Re: Re: I need a VO history

Matej Cepl-2
Noel Henson wrote:
> Here you go!
> http://www.vimoutliner.org/files/VOList.gz

Forbidden
 You don't have permission to access /files/VOList.gz on this server.
Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.vimoutliner.org Port 80

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be
a completely unintentional side effect.
      -- Linus Torvalds
         New York Times, 28 Sept 03

Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a VO history

Noel Henson
On Thursday 27 October 2005 12:24 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Noel Henson wrote:
> > Here you go!
> > http://www.vimoutliner.org/files/VOList.gz
>
> Forbidden
>  You don't have permission to access /files/VOList.gz on this server.
> Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.vimoutliner.org Port 80

Strange. I downloaded it just fine. I'll see what I did wrong and get right
back to you.

Noel

Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a VO history

Noel Henson
On Thursday 27 October 2005 12:43 pm, Noel Henson wrote:

> On Thursday 27 October 2005 12:24 pm, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > Noel Henson wrote:
> > > Here you go!
> > > http://www.vimoutliner.org/files/VOList.gz
> >
> > Forbidden
> >  You don't have permission to access /files/VOList.gz on this server.
> > Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.vimoutliner.org Port 80
>
> Strange. I downloaded it just fine. I'll see what I did wrong and get
> right back to you.
>
> Noel

Try it now. I was logged in.

Noel

Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a VO history

Matej Cepl-2
Noel Henson wrote:
> Strange. I downloaded it just fine. I'll see what I did wrong and get
> right back to you.

I've got it now too.

Matej

GPG Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

How many Bavarian Illuminati does it take to screw in a light
bulb?
Three: one to screw it in, and one to confuse the issue.