Improving vimdiff result

Peng Yu
Hi, I have the following two files. I basically want the lines with
exitstatus2bool.sh be aligned. But somehow vimdiff tries to align at
true/false. Is there anything to improve vimdiff in this case? Thanks.

#### file1.txt ####
[ "$file1" $operator "$file2" ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
false
[ "$file2" $operator "$file1" ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
true
[ "$file1" $operator notexist ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
true
[ notexist $operator "$file2" ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
false
[ notexist $operator notexist ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
false

#### file2.txt ###
[ "$file1" $operator "$file2" ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
true
[ "$file2" $operator "$file1" ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
false
[ "$file1" $operator notexist ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
false
[ notexist $operator "$file2" ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
true
[ notexist $operator notexist ]; exitstatus2bool.sh $?
false

Peng

Re: Improving vimdiff result

Gary Johnson-4
On 2015-04-09, Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi, I have the following two files. I basically want the lines with
> exitstatus2bool.sh be aligned. But somehow vimdiff tries to align at
> true/false. Is there anything to improve vimdiff in this case? Thanks.

Yes!  Install Christian Brabandt's EnhancedDiff plugin,
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=5121, and execute
:PatienceDiff either before or after executing your diff.

It doesn't help with all diff alignment problems, but it does well
with yours.

Regards,
Gary