Inclusive movement

dcuaron
Just curious F and T are listed as inclusive movements
but if you are editing the following

one two

and the cursor is positioned on the t and you do dFe
you get...

ontwo if the movement is inclusive shouldn't you get
onwo when you perform dge and your cursor is on the t
in two you get onwo.  Both F and ge are listed as
inclusive movements so shouldn't dF and dge act the same
way assuming they start in the same place. Given the
string

012345

you would think df5 (assuming the cursor were on the 0)
and dF0 (assuming the cursor were on the 5) would
completely delete it.  Just curious....

Re: Inclusive movement

Bram Moolenaar

Anonymous Coward wrote:

> Just curious F and T are listed as inclusive movements
> but if you are editing the following
>
> one two
>
> and the cursor is positioned on the t and you do dFe
> you get...
>
> ontwo if the movement is inclusive shouldn't you get
> onwo when you perform dge and your cursor is on the t
> in two you get onwo.  Both F and ge are listed as
> inclusive movements so shouldn't dF and dge act the same
> way assuming they start in the same place. Given the
> string
>
> 012345
>
> you would think df5 (assuming the cursor were on the 0)
> and dF0 (assuming the cursor were on the 5) would
> completely delete it.  Just curious....

This is a mistake in the documentation, "F" and "T" are exclusive.

--
CRONE:  Who sent you?
ARTHUR: The Knights Who Say GNU!

RE: Inclusive movement

Halim, Salman
Dunno if you've got any response to this (email was a spot
inconsistent), but I've always understood the cusor to not actually be
ON the letter, but rather just BEFORE it; a lot of the operations make
more sense to me if I think about the cursor in this manner...

Regards,

Salman.