Interoutline linking

thomas.hertneky

Any chance that 'Interoutline linking' will be re-written in vim scripts
soon?
I would really like to take advantage of that, but I do not have PERL on
PC.

TJ Hertneky

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. PNC’s postal address is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at this e-mail address, click here to Unsubscribe. https://pnc.p.delivery.net/m/u/pnc/uni/p.asp By unsubscribing to this message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list will not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account servicing e-mails..

Re: Interoutline linking

Steve Litt
On Friday 02 December 2005 07:32 am, [hidden email] wrote:
> Any chance that 'Interoutline linking' will be re-written in vim scripts
> soon?
> I would really like to take advantage of that, but I do not have PERL on
> PC.
>
> TJ Hertneky

Somebody already did that -- can't remember who. They used a completely
different method for interoutline linking that didn't involve tagging. The
info is somewhere in our archives.

I'd like to recommend that if we make this switch, we do it slowly. First we
have both (perhaps with different keystrokes to start out, or perhaps with a
switch that tells which method to use on Ctrl+K and Ctrl+N). This way those
of us using the Perl version don't get our outline hierarchies broken.

The next step might be to depricate the old way, after us perl/ctags people
have evaluated the new way and found it suitable. Finally, the perl could go
away, always assuming the new way was as good in every respect as the
perl/ctags way.

Given that IMHO ctags doesn't exist on a normal Windows machine, we can't have
interoutline linking on Windows until we implement it without ctags.

SteveT

> The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed
> to you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in
> error, please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission
> of the sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or
> service and thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under
> US Law. PNC’s postal address is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If
> you do not wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional
> messages from PNC at this e-mail address, click here to Unsubscribe.
> message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising or promotional
> messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this mailing list will
> not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or account servicing
> VimOutliner mailing list

Steve Litt
Founder and acting president: GoLUG
http://www.golug.org