Is "self-installing executable gvim63.exe for ms windows" patched for 6.3.076??

Is "self-installing executable gvim63.exe for ms windows" patched for 6.3.076??

vudghkzm
Hello, everyone.

I wonder wheather 'self-installing executable gvim63.exe for ms
windows'(downlodable at ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/gvim63.exe) is
patched for 6.3.076.

If it is not patched for 6.3.076, how can I patch it for 6.3.076?
Is compiling gvim is the only way to patch?

Sincerely, good-bye.

Re: Is "self-installing executable gvim63.exe for ms windows" patched for 6.3.076??

Mark Woodward
[hidden email] said the following on 8/06/2005 12:00 AM:

>Hello, everyone.
>
>I wonder wheather 'self-installing executable gvim63.exe for ms
>windows'(downlodable at ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/gvim63.exe) is
>patched for 6.3.076.
>
>If it is not patched for 6.3.076, how can I patch it for 6.3.076?
>Is compiling gvim is the only way to patch?
>
>Sincerely, good-bye.

Hi Vudghkzm!

No, but install it anyway
Then go to Tonys site and get what you need (Read up first).
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/#ajm
(He's just released a patch for 076 and sent a notice to this mailing list)

Thanks Tony by the way...

Mark

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> I wonder wheather 'self-installing executable gvim63.exe for ms
> windows'(downlodable at ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/gvim63.exe) is
> patched for 6.3.076.
>
> If it is not patched for 6.3.076, how can I patch it for 6.3.076?
> Is compiling gvim is the only way to patch?
>
> Sincerely, good-bye.

That version is unpatched (6.3.000). You can get the latest Vim for
Windows (currently 6.3.076), as an add-on to the above, from a link on
my Vim page, at http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/#ajm

The zipfile you find there contains only the patched executables; to get
a functional distribution, you will have to install it _over_ a
preexisting, functional (but possibly obsolete) Vim 6.3 distribution. A
separate zipfile, also available there, contains updated runtime files;
but it's better to start with a "self-installing" version so the correct
desktop shortcuts, registry entries, etc., can be set up. See details on
my Vim page, mentioned above.

And, yes, Vim patches are provided only in source form. For Windows, I
compile them as soon as I see them. I try to lag by no more than 24
hours but I won't give warranties. If someday a patch comes out while
I'm traveling, sick, etc., you will just have to either wait, compile
your own, or find someone who will do it for you.