Is there a VO to OO Impress converter

Steve Litt
Hi all,

Has anyone made a converter to go from VO to the OpenOffice Impress
presentation program? If so, I'd like to use it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: Is there a VO to OO Impress converter

Noel Henson
There is somewhere. I wrote it just as an example for others to use in VO
conversion. I'll see if I can find it.

On Saturday 21 June 2008, Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone made a converter to go from VO to the OpenOffice Impress
> presentation program? If so, I'd like to use it.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Recession Relief Package
> http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: Is there a VO to OO Impress converter

Lucas González
http://www.vimoutliner.org download experimental scripts

http://osdir.com/ml/editors.vim.outliner/2003-11/msg00038.html

http://osdir.com/ml/editors.vim.outliner/2003-11/msg00001.html (wishlist)

http://technocrat.net/d/2006/10/31/9800

2008/6/21 Steve Litt <[hidden email]>:
Hi all,

Has anyone made a converter to go from VO to the OpenOffice Impress
presentation program? If so, I'd like to use it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: Is there a VO to OO Impress converter

Lucas González
i just posted a couple of links - there may be a better version

i'm interested too! :-)

lucas

2008/6/21 Noel Henson <[hidden email]>:
There is somewhere. I wrote it just as an example for others to use in VO
conversion. I'll see if I can find it.

On Saturday 21 June 2008, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone made a converter to go from VO to the OpenOffice Impress
> presentation program? If so, I'd like to use it.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Recession Relief Package
> http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: Is there a VO to OO Impress converter

Noel Henson
I found it. Post it? or email directly to you.

Noel

On Saturday 21 June 2008, Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone made a converter to go from VO to the OpenOffice Impress
> presentation program? If so, I'd like to use it.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Recession Relief Package
> http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: Is there a VO to OO Impress converter

Steve Litt
I think it should be right on VimOutliner.org so it can be found and used at
any time. I'm outlining a new version of my courseware, and when the
outline's done I'd like an easy conversion to OOImpress, which I'll convert
to Powerpoint to satisfy my customers.

If you can't put it on the website right away, please email it to me.

Thanks

STeveT

On Saturday 21 June 2008 16:26, Noel Henson wrote:

> I found it. Post it? or email directly to you.
>
> Noel
>
> On Saturday 21 June 2008, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Has anyone made a converter to go from VO to the OpenOffice Impress
> > presentation program? If so, I'd like to use it.
> >
> > SteveT
> >
> > Steve Litt
> > Recession Relief Package
> > http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: Is there a VO to OO Impress converter

Steve Litt
Hi Noel,

I tried your otl2ooimpress.sh and otl2ooimpress.py scripts. They didn't work
for me. My ooimpress2.0 could not open the resulting test.otl.sxi, nor could
it repair it.

I reverse engineered a .sxi file by unzipping the .sxi, and I think the
problem is that your scripts packages only a content.xml, not all the rest of
the stuff. I'm thinking there's something I need to do in order to get all
the rest of the stuff:

Configurations2/
content.xml
META-INF/
meta.xml
mimetype
settings.xml
styles.xml
Thumbnails/

What have I missed?

Thanks

SteveT

On Saturday 21 June 2008 16:26, Noel Henson wrote:

> I found it. Post it? or email directly to you.
>
> Noel
>
> On Saturday 21 June 2008, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Has anyone made a converter to go from VO to the OpenOffice Impress
> > presentation program? If so, I'd like to use it.
> >
> > SteveT
> >
> > Steve Litt
> > Recession Relief Package
> > http://www.recession-relief.US

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

UPDATE: Is there a VO to OO Impress converter

Steve Litt
Hi Noel,

I tweaked your scripts so your manufactured content.xml would take the place
of a content.xml from a skeliton .sxi. I also changed your zip command to
zip -r *. The result kinda sort worked. However, there were many pages that
got "stuck together" instead of getting their own page. Also, yours centered
all items and had no bullets, which isn't what I wanted.

Short term, I'm just going to write a script that does "my kind of outline",
probably for an opendocument format. Or, if I can't get that done within 3
hours, I'll manually make the pages.

Long term, one of us has to make a converter that reads a config file telling
the headers and footers for each level.

I'll keep you posted.

On Wednesday 25 June 2008 19:22, Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi Noel,
>
> I tried your otl2ooimpress.sh and otl2ooimpress.py scripts. They didn't
> work for me. My ooimpress2.0 could not open the resulting test.otl.sxi, nor
> could it repair it.
>
> I reverse engineered a .sxi file by unzipping the .sxi, and I think the
> problem is that your scripts packages only a content.xml, not all the rest
> of the stuff. I'm thinking there's something I need to do in order to get
> all the rest of the stuff:
>
> Configurations2/
> content.xml
> META-INF/
> meta.xml
> mimetype
> settings.xml
> styles.xml
> Thumbnails/
>
> What have I missed?
>
> Thanks
>
> SteveT
>
> On Saturday 21 June 2008 16:26, Noel Henson wrote:
> > I found it. Post it? or email directly to you.
> >
> > Noel
> >
> > On Saturday 21 June 2008, Steve Litt wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Has anyone made a converter to go from VO to the OpenOffice Impress
> > > presentation program? If so, I'd like to use it.
> > >
> > > SteveT
> > >
> > > Steve Litt
> > > Recession Relief Package
> > > http://www.recession-relief.US

Re: UPDATE: Is there a VO to OO Impress converter

Steve Litt
Ughhhhhhhh,

I'm writing an otl2odp script, and man, WHAT A MESS! Both .sxi and .odp are
extremely complicated -- well, not complicated as in not understandable, but
complicated in lots of tags almost guaranteeing you'll forget something. I
long for LyX, but my courseware must be in Powerpoint format.

SteveT