Quantcast

Is there a way to disable smartcase for command line only?

Is there a way to disable smartcase for command line only?

Josef Fortier
I have smartcase enabled, which for the most part does the right thing. But in the command line it ends up being not useful. Is there a way I can disable it in command mode only?

USE CASE: Several plugins have commands mapped in CamelCase coupled with a namespacing prefix. My instictual use is to
1) start the command
2) hit tab, which completes the prefix
3) Then type in lowercase the expected completion
With smartcase turned off, this words as expected, but with smart case turned on the lowercase letter no longer triggers the map.

I can cmap something to switch off smart case, but I cannot see an easy (or clean) way to restore smartcase (although now that I'm typing this I suspect I could use autocmd events).

Re: Is there a way to disable smartcase for command line only?

Josef Fortier
Following up on autcmd's I see cmdwinenter, but that unfortunately (as the name implies) seems to trigger only on a full cmd mode window, not on ex style cmd mode. In fact I could not (at least so far) find any even that triggers on Ex mode command.

Re: Is there a way to disable smartcase for command line only?

Josef Fortier
Not an answer to my question, but it looks like 'wildignorecase' solves my underlying issue.