Is there any way to get a temporary file or filename in Vim ?

Is there any way to get a temporary file or filename in Vim ?

Lenin Lee
Hi there,

I want to create a temporary file in the temporary directory of the os. That is just like the way the python function os.tmpfile() acts.

I know that it can achieve this by a unix shell script or dos batch script or even writing an external program.

I wonder if there is an elegant way to do so.

Thanks.

RE: Is there any way to get a temporary file or filename in Vim ?

JohnBeckett
Lenin Lee wrote:
> I want to create a temporary file in the temporary directory
> of the os. That is just like the way the python function
> os.tmpfile() acts.

:help tempname()

John

Re: Is there any way to get a temporary file or filename in Vim ?

Lenin Lee
Thanks John.

2010/3/22 John Beckett <[hidden email]>
Lenin Lee wrote:
> I want to create a temporary file in the temporary directory
> of the os. That is just like the way the python function
> os.tmpfile() acts.

:help tempname()

John