Is there anything like Termdebug for lldb?

Is there anything like Termdebug for lldb?

Lifepillar
The Termdebug plugin in Vim is a lovely feature. Is there anything
comparable for lldb?

Thanks,
Life.

Re: Is there anything like Termdebug for lldb?

Bram Moolenaar

Lifepillar wrote:

> The Termdebug plugin in Vim is a lovely feature. Is there anything
> comparable for lldb?

If lldb supports a way to communicate with it, it should be possible to
make it work.

197. Your desk collapses under the weight of your computer peripherals.

On 09/01/2018 14:09, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Lifepillar wrote:
>
>> The Termdebug plugin in Vim is a lovely feature. Is there anything
>> comparable for lldb?
>
> If lldb supports a way to communicate with it, it should be possible to
> make it work.

I believe that there should be, as lldb can be used, e.g., within Xcode,
but I am not familiar with anything like gdb/mi for lldb (there is an
lldb-mi executable: maybe someone else can comment on it, as I haven't
used it).

Besides, in principle it should be possible to do something like:

   $ lldb ./vim
   (lldb) process launch --tty=/dev/ttys006

But, according to this page:

   https://lldb.llvm.org/lldb-gdb.html

--tty is supported only in Mac OS X. In macOS High Sierra, however, that
option does not accept an argument:

   (lldb) process launch --tty=/dev/ttys006
   lldb: option `--tty' doesn't allow an argument

At least in macOS, one can do `process launch --tty`, which runs the
program in a new (host) terminal window.

Life.