Jupyter/Ipython notebook integration within vim.

Jupyter/Ipython notebook integration within vim.

Hongyi Zhao
Hi,

I've found some plugins for the integration between Jupyter/Ipython
notebook and vim, say, the following:

https://github.com/lambdalisue/jupyter-vim-binding
https://github.com/jwkvam/jupyterlab-vim

But they are all seems not so up-to-date or unmaintained. Any hints
for this problem?

Regards,
HY
--
Hongyi Zhao <[hidden email]>

Al

Re: Jupyter/Ipython notebook integration within vim.

Al
>I've found some plugins for the integration between Jupyter/Ipython
>notebook and vim, say, the following:
>
>https://github.com/lambdalisue/jupyter-vim-binding
>https://github.com/jwkvam/jupyterlab-vim

I get the feeling those aren't actual integrations? They are just intended to modify the Jupyter keybindings. They have nothing to do with Vim per se, I think.

It *is* possible to enable Vim to act as a stateless "poor man's notebook". Grab text with a motion in the usual way, and then run something like this:

silent exec "r ! " . escape(@", "%!#\r\n")

Combined with opfuncs and omaps, you can set it up so that pressing Enter will execute the current line and place the output just below the current line, similar-ish to Jupyter.

But I suspect this isn't what you had in mind by "integration".

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 9:00 AM A <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >I've found some plugins for the integration between Jupyter/Ipython
> >notebook and vim, say, the following:
> >
> >https://github.com/lambdalisue/jupyter-vim-binding
> >https://github.com/jwkvam/jupyterlab-vim
>
> I get the feeling those aren't actual integrations? They are just intended to modify the Jupyter keybindings. They have nothing to do with Vim per se, I think.
>
> It *is* possible to enable Vim to act as a stateless "poor man's notebook". Grab text with a motion in the usual way, and then run something like this:
>
> silent exec "r ! " . escape(@", "%!#\r\n")
>
> Combined with opfuncs and omaps, you can set it up so that pressing Enter will execute the current line and place the output just below the current line, similar-ish to Jupyter.
>
> But I suspect this isn't what you had in mind by "integration".

Yes, I want to have similar behavior given by pycharm/VS Code.

> ---

Hongyi Zhao <[hidden email]>