Keep cursor position when scrolling

Ven Tadipatri
Is it possible to keep the cursor at the end of the line when
scrolling? For example, if I do:
$
ctrl+f or ctrl+b
The cursor jumps back to the beginning of the line. Basically I'd like
to be able to page through the file, looking at what's at the end of
the line, instead of hitting '$' every time I page. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Ven

Re: Keep cursor position when scrolling

Tim Chase
On 2018-09-05 09:57, Ven Tadipatri wrote:
> Is it possible to keep the cursor at the end of the line when
> scrolling? For example, if I do:
> $
> ctrl+f or ctrl+b
> The cursor jumps back to the beginning of the line. Basically I'd
> like to be able to page through the file, looking at what's at the
> end of the line, instead of hitting '$' every time I page. Is that
> possible?

You want the 'startofline' option

  :set nostartofline

which controls this.