Kinda (read 'very') off topic

Dave Roberts
Happy Turkey day to all who celebrate it (or at least get the day off
for it).

I use a subset of Mikolaj Machowski's VST.vim to create text that
contains bold, italics, and underlines and converts it to HTML plus my
own .vim to convert HTML back to the VST subset text file.

What I'm looking for now is a way to print the text, complete with bold,
italics, and underlines, to my printer in as compact way as possible but
still be readable.

For straight text (BTW, this is under Win-XP) I use PrFile32 which will
nicely print text as two side-by-side pages on one sheet of paper in
landscape mode. This doesn't do the italics, etc. that I want though.

Does anyone know of a program to do this or should I just figure out how
to convert to HTML or PDF so I get the same side-by-side pages? I've
gotten the hang of using vim-script to convert text so whatever control
characters are needed, I can get in there.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

- Dave

Re: Kinda (read 'very') off topic

Mikołaj Machowski
Dnia czwartek, 24 listopada 2005 19:35, Dave Roberts napisa?:
> Happy Turkey day to all who celebrate it (or at least get the day off
> for it).
>
> I use a subset of Mikolaj Machowski's VST.vim to create text that
> contains bold, italics, and underlines and converts it to HTML plus my
> own .vim to convert HTML back to the VST subset text file.

Directly from Vim I think this is not possible. With VST you can create
HTML or LaTeX (and subsequently PS or PDF). But for special printing like
this:

> For straight text (BTW, this is under Win-XP) I use PrFile32 which will
> nicely print text as two side-by-side pages on one sheet of paper in
> landscape mode. This doesn't do the italics, etc. that I want though.

You have to use special printer. On Linux/Mac you could hack 'printexpr'
to use CUPS.

m.