Last Change headers

Doug Kearns
Does anyone have any thoughts on the best fix for this irritation?

Is it worth doing some sort of keyword expansion with smudge/clean filters?  I
think export-subst leaves $Format: ...$.  Perhaps a Vim specific release script
is the simplest approach since it only happens once every few years.

Nikolai, what are you using for your Vim scripts?  I notice you're going it
alone with a somewhat unique "Latest Revision" header.  How's that generated?

Doug

Re: Last Change headers

Nikolai Weibull-11
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 20:23, Doug Kearns <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nikolai, what are you using for your Vim scripts?  I notice you're going it
> alone with a somewhat unique "Latest Revision" header.  How's that generated?

Unique?  Don’t all scripts have that stupid header?  Now that Vim is
finally under a decent, albeit inferior, SCM I really don’t see the
point of this anymore.

I use my own Vim plugin for this:

http://github.com/now/vim-templates

Note that it depends on:

http://github.com/now/vim-now-base

Re: Last Change headers

Doug Kearns
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Nikolai Weibull <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 20:23, Doug Kearns <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Nikolai, what are you using for your Vim scripts?  I notice you're going it
>> alone with a somewhat unique "Latest Revision" header.  How's that generated?
>
> Unique?  Don’t all scripts have that stupid header?  Now that Vim is
> finally under a decent, albeit inferior, SCM I really don’t see the
> point of this anymore.

I meant that yours is "Latest Revision: YYYY-MM-DD" vs the more 'standard'
"Last Change: YYY Month DD" or whatever it is.  I just thought there might be a
pertinent reason for that.

> I use my own Vim plugin for this:
>
> http://github.com/now/vim-templates
>
> Note that it depends on:
>
> http://github.com/now/vim-now-base

Thanks.

Doug

Re: Last Change headers

Nikolai Weibull-11
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 23:28, Doug Kearns <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I meant that yours is "Latest Revision: YYYY-MM-DD" vs the more 'standard'
> "Last Change: YYY Month DD" or whatever it is.  I just thought there might be a
> pertinent reason for that.

Well, I don’t know exactly, but I guess I decided on “Latest Revision”
about 150 runtime files ago and never looked back.  The date format
that I use is, hands down, the best there is.