Latest UMENU

Steve Litt
Hi all,

Attached is the latest UMENU distro. There's a lot more documentation,
including a tutorial which should make you a UMENU ninja in 1 to 2 hours.
Everything is accessible from the built-in menu. I think it's much better and
more intuitive than even the distro I sent a few days ago.

Be sure to read the INSTALL doc, as there's a new step that attempts to set
your editor and browser according to what is installed on your computer. You
can later set these manually through the menu, and these settings are
persistent. The built-in menu is now pretty much an application.

Please give it a try and give me some feedback.

There's also a short html document on VimOutliner. I need suggestions to flush
it out.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US

umenu-0.7.0-easyinstall_20091014.tgz (202K) Download Attachment

Re: Latest UMENU

Steve Litt
On Wednesday 14 October 2009 18:31:11 Steve Litt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Attached is the latest UMENU distro. There's a lot more documentation,
> including a tutorial which should make you a UMENU ninja in 1 to 2 hours.
> Everything is accessible from the built-in menu. I think it's much better
> and more intuitive than even the distro I sent a few days ago.
>
> Be sure to read the INSTALL doc, as there's a new step that attempts to set
> your editor and browser according to what is installed on your computer.
> You can later set these manually through the menu, and these settings are
> persistent. The built-in menu is now pretty much an application.

Following is the install file:

UMENU INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
* cd to the directory under which you'd like the UMENU directory
        * It can be any accessible directory
        * But our documentation assumes it's your user directory
* Use tar xzvf to extract the UMENU directory
        * It will be called .umenu
        * You can change its name
        * But the documentation assumes it's called .umenu
* cd to the UMENU directory
* cd program
* ./setconf.sh
* ./umenu.pl firstmenu

The preceding instructions should produce a menu with which you can edit,
compile, transfer and run EMDL files for other menus. See the README file
for that.

NOTE: See $HOME/.umenu/htmldocs/tutorial.html#Manually_Setting_Executables
for manually configuring editor and browser commands, in the unlikely event
that ./setconf.sh doesn't properly configure them.