Latest vim breaks gnome terminal paste

Pablo Giménez Pizarro
Hello all.
I am having a very weird issue with the latest version of vim.
I think this is happening since a couple of weeks ago when I updated my vim git repo.
The problem is, I open a new gnome terminal, or any derivated, like Guake, I can select and paste
with middle mouse button as usual, then I open vi and close it, just opening and closing.
I try to select and paste again and node the text has some traling characters:
Text before open/close vim in the terminal: pixmaps
Text after open/close vim in the terminal: 00~pixmaps01~

This is an extract of the text in my terminal:

pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$ ls
appveyor.yml  CONTRIBUTING.md  Filelist  nsis     READMEdir  README.txt  src    uninstal.txt  vimtutor.com
configure     farsi            Makefile  pixmaps  README.md  runtime     tools  vimtutor.bat
pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$ pixmaps
pixmaps: Command not found.
pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$ vi
pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$ 00~pixmaps01~
00~pixmaps01~: Command not found.
pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$

I just paste the selected pixmaps text, the first one is pasted correctly, the second after vim is wrong with that strange trailing character. I always get the same trailing character after using vim.

It only happens in gnome terminals, xterm or mrxvt are ok.

I have compiled vim with minimal features:
./configure --with-features=small --disable-gui --prefix=/opt

Thanks

--
Un saludo
Best Regards

Re: Latest vim breaks gnome terminal paste

Bram Moolenaar

Pablo Giménez wrote:

> Hello all.
> I am having a very weird issue with the latest version of vim.
> I think this is happening since a couple of weeks ago when I updated my vim
> git repo.
> The problem is, I open a new gnome terminal, or any derivated, like Guake,
> I can select and paste
> with middle mouse button as usual, then I open vi and close it, just
> opening and closing.
> I try to select and paste again and node the text has some traling
> characters:
> Text before open/close vim in the terminal: pixmaps
> Text after open/close vim in the terminal: 00~pixmaps01~
>
> This is an extract of the text in my terminal:
>
> pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$ ls
> appveyor.yml  CONTRIBUTING.md  Filelist  nsis     READMEdir  README.txt
>  src    uninstal.txt  vimtutor.com
> configure     farsi            Makefile  pixmaps  README.md  runtime
> tools  vimtutor.bat
> pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$ pixmaps
> pixmaps: Command not found.
> pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$ vi
> pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$ 00~pixmaps01~
> 00~pixmaps01~: Command not found.
> pgp@ellon|{master}||AC|/<2>vim$
>

> I just paste the selected pixmaps text, the first one is pasted correctly,
> the second after vim is wrong with that strange trailing character. I
> always get the same trailing character after using vim.
>
> It only happens in gnome terminals, xterm or mrxvt are ok.
>
> I have compiled vim with minimal features:
> ./configure --with-features=small --disable-gui --prefix=/opt

Do you perhaps have $TERM set to "xterm"?  Then you probably get
bracketed paste in a way that it can be enabled but not disabled.
Check out ":help xterm-bracketed-paste".

146. You experience ACTUAL physical withdrawal symptoms when away
     from your 'puter and the net.

Re: Latest vim breaks gnome terminal paste

Pablo Giménez Pizarro
Thanks Bram, Ill give it a go.
Yesterday I was trying to isolate the version of vim that was causing the problem.
So as the moment I'm using v8.0.550, and it works fine, so far I have been testing newer version and from version v8.0.600 the error appears.
So it is something that happen between patch 550 and 600.
I haven't try more version in between I just needed a vim that worked, Ill try next week to test more version to isolate the patch that causes the problem.

Thanks

///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
 \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///