Line highlighting

Kyku-2
Hello all

I see that the 7th version of Vim adds a nice feature to highlight
cursor's row and column. My question is if there's a way to mark
arbitrary lines like this, for example comments or lines with errors? I
believe it could visually improve editing over (gui|cterm)bg=color. What
do you think?

Krzysztof

RE: Line highlighting

Halim, Salman
Marking arbitrary lines can be done using signs.  :help :sign

Re[2]: Line highlighting

Alan G Isaac
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Salman Halim apparently wrote:
> Marking arbitrary lines can be done using signs.  :help :sign

Can someone using signs on a regular basis give a quick
summary of how they are using them?

Thank you,
Alan Isaac