List is quiet

Efraim Yawitz
Is there some problem with this mailing list?  I haven't gotten any messages for a few days, and a message I wrote last week about a folding-related bug hasn't been answered or acknowledged.  I sent it to [hidden email] if that matters.

Thanks,

Ephraim

Re: List is quiet

Paolo Bolzoni
I can read you. Perhaps is just a quiet moment. (I see this email from
[hidden email] though)

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Efraim Yawitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there some problem with this mailing list?  I haven't gotten any messages
> for a few days, and a message I wrote last week about a folding-related bug
> hasn't been answered or acknowledged.  I sent it to [hidden email]
> if that matters.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ephraim

> ---
> email to [hidden email].

Re: List is quiet

Sven Guckes-3
* Efraim Yawitz <[hidden email]> [2016-11-29 14:52]:
> Is there some problem with this mailing list?  I haven't gotten
> any messages for a few days, and a message I wrote last week about
> a folding-related bug hasn't been answered or acknowledged.
> I sent it to [hidden email] if that matters.

"it' quiet... *too* quiet!" ;-)

yeah.. quiet it was.

Sven

65279 N L 2016-Nov-03 Bram Moolenaar      |1,9K|Re: Can I count on buffer numbers never being re-us
65395   ! 2016-Nov-06 Bram Moolenaar      |3,3K|Updated Vim 8.0 available with 69 patches
65503 N L 2016-Nov-10 kamaraju kusumanchi |0,7K|print full file name
65505 N L 2016-Nov-09 JohnBeckett         |0,9K|Re: print full file name
65506 N L 2016-Nov-09 JohnBeckett         |0,9K|Re: print full file name
65546 N L 2016-Nov-10 kamaraju kusumanchi |1,1K|Re: print full file name
65547 N L 2016-Nov-10 kamaraju kusumanchi |1,1K|Re: print full file name
65548 N L 2016-Nov-10 h_east              |1,4K|Re: print full file name
65549 N L 2016-Nov-10 h_east              |1,4K|Re: print full file name
65551 N L 2016-Nov-11 kamaraju kusumanchi |0,7K|Re: print full file name
65552 N L 2016-Nov-11 kamaraju kusumanchi |0,7K|Re: print full file name
65783 N L 2016-Nov-20 Severin Weingarten  |1,1K|system() slow in Win10 Pro, but not Home
66002   L 2016-Nov-29 Efraim Yawitz       |2,0K|List is quiet
66003   L 2016-Nov-29 Paolo Bolzoni       |1,4K|Re: List is quiet
66004   L 2016-Nov-29 Paolo Bolzoni       |1,4K|Re: List is quiet

RE: List is quiet

ANDY KENNEDY
All of us in the USA are recuperating from the Thanksgiving meals and
the shopping we did over the weekend...

Re: List is quiet

brettstahlman
On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 7:21:30 AM UTC-6, Efraim Yawitz wrote:
> Is there some problem with this mailing list?  I haven't gotten any messages for a few days, and a message I wrote last week about a folding-related bug hasn't been answered or acknowledged.  I sent it to [hidden email] if that matters.

"Quiet" is an understatement. Only 1 thread active in the past 5 days, and no posts at all since 2 days ago, with several posts unanswered?! Something's changed...

Brett S.

> Thanks,
>
> Ephraim

Re: List is quiet

Erik Christiansen
On 07.12.16 15:17, Brett Stahlman wrote:
> "Quiet" is an understatement. Only 1 thread active in the past 5 days,
> and no posts at all since 2 days ago, with several posts unanswered?!
> Something's changed...

Intrusion of meatspace distractions? (Some still digesting turkey, many
working on Christmas shopping or frantically making lists, some trying
to fit in the pre-christmas parties, ... and some of us just flailing
with brushcutters and mowers, as well as burning heaps of brush before
the antipodean bushfire season imposes its inevitable fire ban.)

Then, for many still working, the last weeks of the year are a
sweat-lathered streak to the finish line, trying to whack all
unclobbered molehills before the chrissy shutdown.

Mind you, it's probably an indication that Vim has achieved that
proportion of perfection that propels the population into productively
enjoying the spoils.

Erik

Re: List is quiet

brettstahlman
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 2:42:38 AM UTC-6, Erik Christiansen wrote:

> On 07.12.16 15:17, Brett Stahlman wrote:
> > "Quiet" is an understatement. Only 1 thread active in the past 5 days,
> > and no posts at all since 2 days ago, with several posts unanswered?!
> > Something's changed...
>
> Intrusion of meatspace distractions? (Some still digesting turkey, many
> working on Christmas shopping or frantically making lists, some trying
> to fit in the pre-christmas parties, ... and some of us just flailing
> with brushcutters and mowers, as well as burning heaps of brush before
> the antipodean bushfire season imposes its inevitable fire ban.)
>
> Then, for many still working, the last weeks of the year are a
> sweat-lathered streak to the finish line, trying to whack all
> unclobbered molehills before the chrissy shutdown.
>
> Mind you, it's probably an indication that Vim has achieved that
> proportion of perfection that propels the population into productively
> enjoying the spoils.
That must be it. The completeness and correctness of Vim's documentation renders the mailing list almost superfluous at this point. Notwithstanding, my unanswered question may indicate that there's at least one spot where additional clarification could be useful... ;-)

Brett S.