Looking for a simple Lisp"""IDE"""

meino.cramer

Hi,

I am starting to learn Lisp. And I want to use vim
for that, because there is no other editor... ;)

I am looking for something simple, which executes my current
lisp code in the buffer via sbcl (Steel Bank Common lisp).

I tried to install slimv and limp and failed ... and I think,
they are too big for me...I dont need hyperspec and thesaurus
and...an embedded mp3 play with bluetooth (THIS IS NO IMPLIED
CRITISM! It is only an expression of my helplessness... :)

I onlu want:
Edit Lisp code in vim (I installed pared and rainbox parens) and
a way to send the code to sbcl in another buffer.

What can I use for that?

Meino

Re: Looking for a simple Lisp"""IDE"""

Matteo Landi-2
Have you ever looked at this?  I think it might be of interest for you:

It basically allows you to send snippets of text from within Vim to an external Tmux session (containing your REPL of choice).

Cheers,
Matteo

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:17 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I am starting to learn Lisp. And I want to use vim
for that, because there is no other editor... ;)

I am looking for something simple, which executes my current
lisp code in the buffer via sbcl (Steel Bank Common lisp).

I tried to install slimv and limp and failed ... and I think,
they are too big for me...I dont need hyperspec and thesaurus
and...an embedded mp3 play with bluetooth (THIS IS NO IMPLIED
CRITISM! It is only an expression of my helplessness... :)

I onlu want:
Edit Lisp code in vim (I installed pared and rainbox parens) and
a way to send the code to sbcl in another buffer.

What can I use for that?

Meino

Re: Looking for a simple Lisp"""IDE"""

Charles Campbell
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am starting to learn Lisp. And I want to use vim
> for that, because there is no other editor... ;)
>
> I am looking for something simple, which executes my current
> lisp code in the buffer via sbcl (Steel Bank Common lisp).
>
> I tried to install slimv and limp and failed ... and I think,
> they are too big for me...I dont need hyperspec and thesaurus
> and...an embedded mp3 play with bluetooth (THIS IS NO IMPLIED
> CRITISM! It is only an expression of my helplessness... :)
>
> I onlu want:
> Edit Lisp code in vim (I installed pared and rainbox parens) and
> a way to send the code to sbcl in another buffer.
>
> What can I use for that?

Hello, Meino:

You might find RunView of interest:

You may get a new version of RunView from:

   http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#RUNVIEW     (beta)

To install, simply:

   vim RunView.vba.gz
   :so %
   :q

You'll want to put

  let b:runview_filtcmd= "sbcl"

in .vim/ftplugin/lisp.vim .  That way, when you edit a lisp file and
type  :RV  runview will know what command to invoke to run lisp on your
buffer.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

Re: Looking for a simple Lisp"""IDE"""

meino.cramer
Hi Matteo,

thanks for your help!

I downloaded it and will it try in the afternoon!
Best regards,
Meino

Matteo Landi <[hidden email]> [15-03-25 03:44]:

> Have you ever looked at this?  I think it might be of interest for you:
>
> https://github.com/sjl/tslime2.vim
>
> It basically allows you to send snippets of text from within Vim to an
> external Tmux session (containing your REPL of choice).
>
> Cheers,
> Matteo
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:17 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am starting to learn Lisp. And I want to use vim
> > for that, because there is no other editor... ;)
> >
> > I am looking for something simple, which executes my current
> > lisp code in the buffer via sbcl (Steel Bank Common lisp).
> >
> > I tried to install slimv and limp and failed ... and I think,
> > they are too big for me...I dont need hyperspec and thesaurus
> > and...an embedded mp3 play with bluetooth (THIS IS NO IMPLIED
> > CRITISM! It is only an expression of my helplessness... :)
> >
> > I onlu want:
> > Edit Lisp code in vim (I installed pared and rainbox parens) and
> > a way to send the code to sbcl in another buffer.
> >
> > What can I use for that?
> >
> > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
> > Best regards,
> > Meino
> >
> > --
> > --
> >
> > ---
> > email to [hidden email].

> ---

Re: Looking for a simple Lisp"""IDE"""

meino.cramer
Charles Campbell <[hidden email]> [15-03-25 03:44]:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am starting to learn Lisp. And I want to use vim
> > for that, because there is no other editor... ;)
> >
> > I am looking for something simple, which executes my current
> > lisp code in the buffer via sbcl (Steel Bank Common lisp).
> >
> > I tried to install slimv and limp and failed ... and I think,
> > they are too big for me...I dont need hyperspec and thesaurus
> > and...an embedded mp3 play with bluetooth (THIS IS NO IMPLIED
> > CRITISM! It is only an expression of my helplessness... :)
> >
> > I onlu want:
> > Edit Lisp code in vim (I installed pared and rainbox parens) and
> > a way to send the code to sbcl in another buffer.
> >
> > What can I use for that?
> >
> Hello, Meino:
>
> You might find RunView of interest:
>
> You may get a new version of RunView from:
>
>    http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#RUNVIEW     (beta)
>
> To install, simply:
>
>    vim RunView.vba.gz
>    :so %
>    :q
>
> You'll want to put
>
>   let b:runview_filtcmd= "sbcl"
>
> in .vim/ftplugin/lisp.vim .  That way, when you edit a lisp file and
> type  :RV  runview will know what command to invoke to run lisp on your
> buffer.
>
> Regards,
> Chip Campbell

> ---

Hi Charles,

thanks fpr your help!

I tried to download but got this

          As of September 30, 2014,
    the Verizon Site Builder tool has been decommissioned
    and all online Personal Web Space pages have been deleted.
                    VERIZON

while trying to access the URL, you mailed me.
Is there any other source for this?

Best regards,
Meino

Re: Looking for a simple Lisp"""IDE"""

Chris Lott
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:46 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any other source for this?

Google says, maybe: http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/#RUNVIEW would work?

Chris Lott <[hidden email]>

Re: Looking for a simple Lisp"""IDE"""

Charles E Campbell Jr
[hidden email] wrote:

> Charles Campbell <[hidden email]> [15-03-25 03:44]:
>> [hidden email] wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am starting to learn Lisp. And I want to use vim
>>> for that, because there is no other editor... ;)
>>>
>>> I am looking for something simple, which executes my current
>>> lisp code in the buffer via sbcl (Steel Bank Common lisp).
>>>
>>> I tried to install slimv and limp and failed ... and I think,
>>> they are too big for me...I dont need hyperspec and thesaurus
>>> and...an embedded mp3 play with bluetooth (THIS IS NO IMPLIED
>>> CRITISM! It is only an expression of my helplessness... :)
>>>
>>> I onlu want:
>>> Edit Lisp code in vim (I installed pared and rainbox parens) and
>>> a way to send the code to sbcl in another buffer.
>>>
>>> What can I use for that?
>>>
>> Hello, Meino:
>>
>> You might find RunView of interest:
>>
>> You may get a new version of RunView from:
>>
>>    http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#RUNVIEW     (beta)
>>
>> To install, simply:
>>
>>    vim RunView.vba.gz
>>    :so %
>>    :q
>>
>> You'll want to put
>>
>>   let b:runview_filtcmd= "sbcl"
>>
>> in .vim/ftplugin/lisp.vim .  That way, when you edit a lisp file and
>> type  :RV  runview will know what command to invoke to run lisp on your
>> buffer.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chip Campbell
>>
>> --
>> --
>>
>> ---
>>
> Hi Charles,
>
> thanks fpr your help!
>
> I tried to download but got this
>

>           As of September 30, 2014,
>     the Verizon Site Builder tool has been decommissioned
>     and all online Personal Web Space pages have been deleted.
>                     VERIZON
>

> while trying to access the URL, you mailed me.
> Is there any other source for this?

Hello, Meino:

Sorry, I cut and pasted -- and put in some stale info.  Try using
http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#RUNVIEW instead.

Regards,
Chip

Re: Looking for a simple Lisp"""IDE"""

meino.cramer
Charles E Campbell <[hidden email]> [15-03-25 17:29]:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > Charles Campbell <[hidden email]> [15-03-25 03:44]:

> >> Hello, Meino:
> >>
> >> You might find RunView of interest:
> >>
> >> You may get a new version of RunView from:
> >>
> >>    http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#RUNVIEW     (beta)
> >>
> >> To install, simply:
> >>
> >>    vim RunView.vba.gz
> >>    :so %
> >>    :q
> >>
> >> You'll want to put
> >>
> >>   let b:runview_filtcmd= "sbcl"
> >>
> >> in .vim/ftplugin/lisp.vim .  That way, when you edit a lisp file and
> >> type  :RV  runview will know what command to invoke to run lisp on your
> >> buffer.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Chip Campbell
> >>
> >> --
> >> --
> >> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> >> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> >> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
> >>
> >> ---
> >>
> > Hi Charles,
> >
> > thanks fpr your help!
> >
> > I tried to download but got this
> >

> >           As of September 30, 2014,
> >     the Verizon Site Builder tool has been decommissioned
> >     and all online Personal Web Space pages have been deleted.
> >                     VERIZON
> >

> > while trying to access the URL, you mailed me.
> > Is there any other source for this?
> >
> Hello, Meino:
>
> Sorry, I cut and pasted -- and put in some stale info.  Try using
> http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#RUNVIEW instead.
>
> Regards,
> Chip

> ---

Hi Charles,

YEAH! That's it! Copied, pasted, downloaded and next I will try it!
Thanks for your help! :)
Best regards,
Meino