Looking for gui_w32 expert.

epanda
Hi,

I am working on toolbar in gui_w32 and searching for George V. Reilly
<[hidden email]> who wrote the original Win32 GUI.

But he does not answer at my mails.

Is there anybody that can help me about toolbar code in gui_w32.c.

My PB :

I have added at start up some personal icons in a toolabr that I have
resized at 48px height.

The problem is that I can't push as many icons as I want due to width
size of the toolbar.
I would like to enable to move the toolbar horizontally in order to
permit to user to add as many icons as he wants.

Thank you if you get contact or knowledge.
Epanda

Re: Looking for gui_w32 expert.

Charles-14
On Mar 26, 3:05 am, epanda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have added at start up some personal icons in a toolabr that I have
> resized at 48px height.
>
> The problem is that I can't push as many icons as I want due to width
> size of the toolbar.
> I would like to enable to move the toolbar horizontally in order to
> permit to user to add as many icons as he wants.

Why don't use single images?
You can create bitmaps (or xpms?) and place it in <vimfiles>/bitmaps.
It is easier than
having to recompile gvim.

Re: Looking for gui_w32 expert.

epanda
I have already done what you say but...

I have many plugin for some people and I prefer to link those plugins
with dynamic icons (amenu).

The problem is that I prefer having a toolbar with 48px height and
that's why I can't add more than 6 or 7 icons by amenu.

If you tell me how I can add a picture here, I can show you my
toolbar.

Thank you for reply and if you know someone who can help me in win32
api , I will be glad.

Thanks
nb : sorry for the bad english, I am french

Re: Looking for gui_w32 expert.

Sergey Khorev
> The problem is that I can't push as many icons as I want due to width
> size of the toolbar.
> I would like to enable to move the toolbar horizontally in order to
> permit to user to add as many icons as he wants.

I am not a Win32 expert but I'm curious about details on your
requirement. What do you actually want:
1) "resizable" tooolbar to resize main Vim window automatically if it
is too small to hold the toolbar
2) "scrollable" toolbar, so you will be able to navigate over all your icons
3) multirow toolbar?

--
Sergey Khorev
http://sites.google.com/site/khorser

Re: Looking for gui_w32 expert.

epanda

> 2) "scrollable" toolbar, so you will be able to navigate over all your icons

You understand, I would like a solution near "scrollable toolbar".

In fact, I don't want a scrollbar for scrolling toolbar, but a toolbar
which know where is the mouse and then scroll horizontally.

If mouseX = gvimApp.width
{
    toolbar.x = (toolbar.width-gvimApp.width) // supose that toolabr
is larger than gvimApp
}

I have to move the handle s_toolbarhwnd  which comes from :
s_toolbarhwnd = CreateToolbarEx(
Gui_w32.c, near line : 4142 function initialise_toolbar

Thank you for help