Lose highlighting when Index.wiki is loaded from Dropbox

Lose highlighting when Index.wiki is loaded from Dropbox

Eric Weir

I have put my Vim files, including my Vimwiki files, in a Dropbox folder. I would like to be able to access them from both MacOS (MacVim) and iOS (iVim). However, when I open the Vimwiki index file (“index.wiki”) in either app the highlighting of links that enables navigation among Vimwiki files is lost. What happened? How do I restore it?

Thanks
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
[hidden email]

"Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

- Amos Oz

Re: Lose highlighting when Index.wiki is loaded from Dropbox

Eric Weir-2

Thanks. Before I respond, understand that I’m coming back to Vim after an extended absence. Also that I am primarily a writer, not a coder. That said, I had a decent configuration for my uses and had gotten comfortable using it.

As to your questions: I don’t think there is any syncing. The two installations of Vim—MacVim and iVim—would never be used at the same time.

Likewise, the .vimrcs for the two installations are different: The one for iVim is simpler, to restrict operations to those permitted by the sandboxing of iOS apps, e.g., use of Vundle has been eliminated. The .vimrc for MacVim is installed in my root directory, the one for iVim in the documents folder of the iVim app.

The installation of Vimwiki is set up in the .vimrc of each installation and is identical in both cases.

Not certain I have adequately answered your questions.