Lua support

Marco
Hi,

Vim 7.3 has build-in Lua support, right? Is there any documentation about the
API, sample lua scripts or alike to see how things work?

Regards
Marco

Re: Lua support

Zsolt Udvari
Hello Marco!

Maybe you'll like this:

Zsolt

2010/9/23 Marco <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Vim 7.3 has build-in Lua support, right? Is there any documentation about the
> API, sample lua scripts or alike to see how things work?
>
> Regards
> Marco

Re: Lua support

Marco
On 2010-09-23 Zsolt Udvari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe you'll like this:
Thanks for the hint, but that's not exactly what I need. The script helps to
write arbitrary lua code. My intention is to write code in lua (instead of
vimscript) that accesses vim variables and modifies the buffer... I want vim
to interpret my lua code instead of the external lua interpreter.

Like:
:lua x={mtest=5}
:lua print(x.mtest)

Regards
Marco

Re: Lua support

Zsolt Udvari
> I want vim to interpret my lua code instead of the external lua interpreter.
>
> Like:
> :lua x={mtest=5}
> :lua print(x.mtest)
Oops, sorry :)

Re: Lua support

Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov
присланное в 17:52:37 23 сентября 2010, Четверг,
отправитель Marco:

Is the information provided in if_lua.txt help file insufficient? If so,
consider writing a request to vim-dev where you explain how and why it should be
extended.

Текст сообщения:

> On 2010-09-23 Zsolt Udvari <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Maybe you'll like this:
> > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1763
>
> Thanks for the hint, but that's not exactly what I need. The script helps
> to write arbitrary lua code. My intention is to write code in lua (instead
> of vimscript) that accesses vim variables and modifies the buffer... I
> want vim to interpret my lua code instead of the external lua interpreter.
>
> Like:
> :lua x={mtest=5}
> :lua print(x.mtest)
>
> Regards
> Marco

Re: Lua support

Marco
On 2010-09-23 ZyX <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is the information provided in if_lua.txt help file insufficient?
No. This was exactly the starting point I was looking for. Thanks.

Marco