Quantcast

Mac command button working in the MacVim GUI but not when I run MacVim in the terminal?

Mac command button working in the MacVim GUI but not when I run MacVim in the terminal?

a153
Hi everyone,

In my ~/.vimrc file I have mapped NERDTree as follows:

map <D-\> :NERDTreeToggle<CR>

This allows me to toggle NERDTree using CMD + \ in the MacVim GUI but it doesn't work when I run MacVim in the terminal (I use iTerm2). Why not?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Re: Mac command button working in the MacVim GUI but not when I run MacVim in the terminal?

Yongwei Wu
You can enter "cat" and try different keys. If the key press does not result in anything, your terminal app probably intercepts it.

I do not think Command keys can be passed to a command-line application, in general.

On 7 June 2016 at 07:35, a153 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

In my ~/.vimrc file I have mapped NERDTree as follows:

map <D-\> :NERDTreeToggle<CR>

This allows me to toggle NERDTree using CMD + \ in the MacVim GUI but it doesn't work when I run MacVim in the terminal (I use iTerm2). Why not?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Wu Yongwei

Re: Mac command button working in the MacVim GUI but not when I run MacVim in the terminal?

Alexander Klasse
You're right, it does intercept the Command key. I will have to think of a different way to map NERDTree.
 Thanks for your help!