MacVim: Bind Cmd-Shift-w to close current gui window?

MacVim: Bind Cmd-Shift-w to close current gui window?

Nico Weber-3

Hi,

currently there's no way to quickly close a gui vim window that
contains several tabs and/or text windows. What about using Cmd-Shift-
w for that? (that's what Safari and TextMate use, so it's at least
somewhat standard).

Nico

Re: MacVim: Bind Cmd-Shift-w to close current gui window?

Björn Winckler

currently there's no way to quickly close a gui vim window that
contains several tabs and/or text windows. What about using Cmd-Shift-
w for that? (that's what Safari and TextMate use, so it's at least
somewhat standard).

Yeah, I found myself missing that key equivalent too, so I will revive it in the next snapshot.  I would like to be able to bind Cmd-W to "Close Window" when more than one vim-window and/or more than one tab is open, and otherwise to Cmd-w.  However, I haven't figured out a way to change key equivalents while Vim is running, so I'll just add Cmd-W to "Close Window" for now.

/Björn