MacVim and Yosemite?

Rick Dooling-2
Is it safe? I'm seeing reports of the first few lines being chopped off, or other irregularities?

Is there a build somewhere that somebody can recommend that works from personal experience.

Thanks

RD

Re: MacVim and Yosemite?

Douglas Drumond

Is it safe? I'm seeing reports of the first few lines being chopped off, or other irregularities?

Is there a build somewhere that somebody can recommend that works from personal experience.

I'm using the latest build for Mavericks since Yosemite beta.

Re: MacVim and Yosemite?

Douglas Drumond

> Is it safe? I'm seeing reports of the first few lines being chopped off, or other irregularities?
>
> Is there a build somewhere that somebody can recommend that works from personal experience.

I uploaded a snapshot (still 73) for Yosemite at
https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-73

I got a few warnings for deprecated APIs in 10.10, so let me know if you find problems. Also, I didn't get Björn blessings for this build, don't consider it some official build (although I cared the same as my previous uploads).

All the best,

--
Douglas Drumond

Re: MacVim and Yosemite?

Rick Dooling-2
On Monday, October 20, 2014 11:05:11 PM UTC-5, Douglas Drumond wrote:

> > Is it safe? I'm seeing reports of the first few lines being chopped off, or other irregularities?
> >
> > Is there a build somewhere that somebody can recommend that works from personal experience.
> >

> I uploaded a snapshot (still 73) for Yosemite at
> https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-73
>
> I got a few warnings for deprecated APIs in 10.10, so let me know if you find problems. Also, I didn't get Björn blessings for this build, don't consider it some official build (although I cared the same as my previous uploads).
>
> All the best,
>
> --
> Douglas Drumond

THANK YOU, Douglas.

I may wait to upgrade to Yosemite on the weekend. Too much real work to do that requires MacVim and can't risk a breakdown.

But I shall try your build then and report.

Many thanks.

RD

Re: MacVim and Yosemite?

Rick Dooling-2
On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:41:21 PM UTC-5, RPDooling wrote:

> On Monday, October 20, 2014 11:05:11 PM UTC-5, Douglas Drumond wrote:
> > >
> > > Is it safe? I'm seeing reports of the first few lines being chopped off, or other irregularities?
> > >
> > > Is there a build somewhere that somebody can recommend that works from personal experience.
> > >

> > I uploaded a snapshot (still 73) for Yosemite at
> > https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-73
> >
> > I got a few warnings for deprecated APIs in 10.10, so let me know if you find problems. Also, I didn't get Björn blessings for this build, don't consider it some official build (although I cared the same as my previous uploads).
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> > --
> > Douglas Drumond
>
> THANK YOU, Douglas.
>
> I may wait to upgrade to Yosemite on the weekend. Too much real work to do that requires MacVim and can't risk a breakdown.
>
> But I shall try your build then and report.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> RD

Douglas,

I think I'm taking the Yosemite plunge.

Is this still the one to use?

RD

Re: MacVim and Yosemite?

Rick Dooling-2
On Monday, November 10, 2014 8:02:40 PM UTC-6, RPDooling wrote:

> > > I uploaded a snapshot (still 73) for Yosemite at
> > > https://github.com/douglasdrumond/macvim/releases/tag/snapshot-73
> > >
> > > I got a few warnings for deprecated APIs in 10.10, so let me know if you find problems. Also, I didn't get Björn blessings for this build, don't consider it some official build (although I cared the same as my previous uploads).
> > >
> > > All the best,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Douglas Drumond
> >
> > THANK YOU, Douglas.
> >
> > I may wait to upgrade to Yosemite on the weekend. Too much real work to do that requires MacVim and can't risk a breakdown.
> >
> > But I shall try your build then and report.
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > RD
>
> Douglas,
>
> I think I'm taking the Yosemite plunge.
>
> Is this still the one to use?
>
> RD

Installed Yosemite and your build of MacVim. Works great, even in full screen. THANK YOU.