MacVim.app - snapshot 23

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
26 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Björn Winckler

Hi,

I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to

http://code.google.com/p/macvim/

Please download and test it so that I know if it is safe to update the appcast.

I have not made any significant changes to the code myself but Nico
Weber has been busy updating the preferences and has now added a
simple way to install the "Edit in ODBEditor..." input manager.  There
have been reports of the input manager not working on some machines so
install it at your own risk.  That being said, there should not be too
much to worry about...if it doesn't work then you can very simply
remove all traces of it from your system by the click of a button.
All that may make it sound scary, but I highly suggest you check it
out immediately if you haven't already done so.  To install, simply
open the MacVim preferences and go to the "Integration" pane.

Ben Schmidt has also been so kind as to send in a patch that hopefully
fixes the problems we've experienced with the "Login shell" option.
It should now be safe to go into the preferences and enabling that no
matter what shell you use (please let us know otherwise).  This option
ensures that all Vim processes started from MacVim have all
environment variables set properly (such as $PATH).

Finally, here is a list of minor changes:

- Added MMZoomBoth user default.  Enable this if you prefer the window
to maximize in both directions when you press the green "maximize
button" (hold down Cmd to temporarily restrict resizing to the
vertical direction only).  (Requested by Brian McKee.)

- Added Cmd-Ctrl-z as key equivalent for "Window->Zoom" (this is the
same key equivalent as in iTunes)

- The Vim runtime files have been updated to the latest version

- MacVim recognizes files with .patch and .diff extension

- The mouse cursor in insert mode has higher contrast (when used with
dark backgrounds).  (Requested by Enno et al.)

- Line numbers (:h 'number') are brighter when bakground=dark.
(Requested by Ted Pavlic)


/Björn

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

srinath.vadlamani@gmail.com

I'm getting an error when trying to uncompress.

<>Srinath

On Mar 9, 11:45 am, "björn" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to
>
> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
>
> Please download and test it so that I know if it is safe to update the appcast.
>
> I have not made any significant changes to the code myself but Nico
> Weber has been busy updating the preferences and has now added a
> simple way to install the "Edit in ODBEditor..." input manager.  There
> have been reports of the input manager not working on some machines so
> install it at your own risk.  That being said, there should not be too
> much to worry about...if it doesn't work then you can very simply
> remove all traces of it from your system by the click of a button.
> All that may make it sound scary, but I highly suggest you check it
> out immediately if you haven't already done so.  To install, simply
> open the MacVim preferences and go to the "Integration" pane.
>
> Ben Schmidt has also been so kind as to send in a patch that hopefully
> fixes the problems we've experienced with the "Login shell" option.
> It should now be safe to go into the preferences and enabling that no
> matter what shell you use (please let us know otherwise).  This option
> ensures that all Vim processes started from MacVim have all
> environment variables set properly (such as $PATH).
>
> Finally, here is a list of minor changes:
>
> - Added MMZoomBoth user default.  Enable this if you prefer the window
> to maximize in both directions when you press the green "maximize
> button" (hold down Cmd to temporarily restrict resizing to the
> vertical direction only).  (Requested by Brian McKee.)
>
> - Added Cmd-Ctrl-z as key equivalent for "Window->Zoom" (this is the
> same key equivalent as in iTunes)
>
> - The Vim runtime files have been updated to the latest version
>
> - MacVim recognizes files with .patch and .diff extension
>
> - The mouse cursor in insert mode has higher contrast (when used with
> dark backgrounds).  (Requested by Enno et al.)
>
> - Line numbers (:h 'number') are brighter when bakground=dark.
> (Requested by Ted Pavlic)
>
> /Björn
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Adam Mercer

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 6:24 PM, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I'm getting an error when trying to uncompress.

Works fine for me, you probably got a corrupted download. Try again.

Cheers

Adam

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

srinath.vadlamani@gmail.com

got it on the last download.  Thanks.

On Mar 9, 4:32 pm, "Adam Mercer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 6:24 PM, [hidden email]
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  I'm getting an error when trying to uncompress.
>
> Works fine for me, you probably got a corrupted download. Try again.
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Björn Winckler
In reply to this post by Björn Winckler

On 09/03/2008, björn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Ben Schmidt has also been so kind as to send in a patch that hopefully
>  fixes the problems we've experienced with the "Login shell" option.
>  It should now be safe to go into the preferences and enabling that no
>  matter what shell you use (please let us know otherwise).  This option
>  ensures that all Vim processes started from MacVim have all
>  environment variables set properly (such as $PATH).

Has anybody had a chance to test this with other shells than bash yet?
 I am eager to hear how it works.

Thanks,
Björn

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Brian McKee
In reply to this post by Björn Winckler

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 1:45 PM, björn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>  I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to
>  http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
>  Please download and test it so that I know if it is safe to update the appcast.
>
>  I have not made any significant changes to the code myself but Nico
>  Weber has been busy updating the preferences and has now added a
>  simple way to install the "Edit in ODBEditor..." input manager.
[snippage...]
>  - Added MMZoomBoth user default.  Enable this if you prefer the window
>  to maximize in both directions when you press the green "maximize
>  button" (hold down Cmd to temporarily restrict resizing to the
>  vertical direction only).  (Requested by Brian McKee.)
[snippage...]


THANKS Bjorn, Nico and all!

MMZoomBoth works great.

I tried the 'upgrade' option on the ODBEditor in the preferences pane.
Quite slick they way it told me I didn't have the latest version, and
then updated that info when I told it to go ahead.

I also note the 'upstream' bug that made changing case not work has been
fixed too.

I'm a happy camper.

Brian

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Ben Schmidt
In reply to this post by Björn Winckler

björn wrote:

> On 09/03/2008, björn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  Ben Schmidt has also been so kind as to send in a patch that hopefully
>>  fixes the problems we've experienced with the "Login shell" option.
>>  It should now be safe to go into the preferences and enabling that no
>>  matter what shell you use (please let us know otherwise).  This option
>>  ensures that all Vim processes started from MacVim have all
>>  environment variables set properly (such as $PATH).
>
> Has anybody had a chance to test this with other shells than bash yet?
>  I am eager to hear how it works.

Me too.

Ben.




--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Nikola Knežević

On 11 Mar 2008, at 01:28 , Ben Schmidt wrote:
>> Has anybody had a chance to test this with other shells than bash  
>> yet?
>> I am eager to hear how it works.
>
> Me too.

I'm using it with the zsh. Previously I had problems, because MacVim  
would hang waiting for the shell to terminate, and it was painful.  
Every shell access (for vcscommand and ctags) would make MacVim freeze  
in /usr/bin/zsh -c (yadda yadda yadda). Now it works :)

Although, I still have problems with vcscommand, since it cannot  
recognize git repositories. It only happens for the gui version. When  
I run the command-line counterpart, or start MacVim.app from the  
iTerm, everything is peachy :)

Cheers,
Nikola

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Ben Schmidt

> Although, I still have problems with vcscommand, since it cannot  
> recognize git repositories. It only happens for the gui version. When  
> I run the command-line counterpart, or start MacVim.app from the  
> iTerm, everything is peachy :)

I would guess that this is a current working directory issue. What do you get if
you do :pwd in a working and non-working MacVim? What if you use :cd to change the
directory in the non-working one to match the working one? Does that fix it? I
don't really see any reason this shouldn't work. But then, I don't use it...but
maybe I should...

Ben.




--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (2) MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Ben Schmidt
In reply to this post by Nikola Knežević

> I'm using it with the zsh. Previously I had problems, because MacVim  
> would hang waiting for the shell to terminate, and it was painful.  
> Every shell access (for vcscommand and ctags) would make MacVim freeze  
> in /usr/bin/zsh -c (yadda yadda yadda). Now it works :)

That may be unrelated, or only slightly related! Good that it works, though.

Could you perhaps confirm for us that if you do :echo $PATH it's the same for a
MacVim window opened from the GUI and via iTerm and console Vim?

Cheers,

Ben.



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (2) MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Nikola Knežević

On 11 Mar 2008, at 02:27 , Ben Schmidt wrote:
> That may be unrelated, or only slightly related! Good that it works,  
> though.
>
> Could you perhaps confirm for us that if you do :echo $PATH it's the  
> same for a
> MacVim window opened from the GUI and via iTerm and console Vim?

Unfortunately, they are not the same...
MacVim GUI version has this:
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin
[*]

Whilst console Vim has:
/Users/nikkne/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/
bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/
local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin/


[*] Earlier, there was much less directories in the PATH...

Cheers,
Nikola

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (2) MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Ian Griffiths-2
In reply to this post by Ben Schmidt

>
>
> Could you perhaps confirm for us that if you do :echo $PATH it's the same for a
> MacVim window opened from the GUI and via iTerm and console Vim?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.
>

I'm also using zsh, I've just checked this with the new snapshot. For
me, I get the correct $PATH when I start MacVim from a terminal using
the mvim script. But if I start it from the Finder/Quicksilver I only
get the default "/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

...OK please ignore the above paragraph, while composing this email i
worked out what the problem was :)

I was setting $PATH from ~/.profile which was sourced from ~/.zshrc.
It turns out ~/.zshrc is only run for _interactive_ shells, whereas
~/.zprofile is run for all _login_ shells. To fix it I created a
~/.zprofile by just linking it to ~/.profile (ln -s ~/.profile
~/.zprofile). Now I get the same (correct) path for all instances of
MacVim.

Hope that helps,
Ian

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (2) MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Ben Schmidt

>> Could you perhaps confirm for us that if you do :echo $PATH it's the same for a
>> MacVim window opened from the GUI and via iTerm and console Vim?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ben.
>
> I'm also using zsh, I've just checked this with the new snapshot. For
> me, I get the correct $PATH when I start MacVim from a terminal using
> the mvim script. But if I start it from the Finder/Quicksilver I only
> get the default "/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
>
> ...OK please ignore the above paragraph, while composing this email i
> worked out what the problem was :)
>
> I was setting $PATH from ~/.profile which was sourced from ~/.zshrc.
> It turns out ~/.zshrc is only run for _interactive_ shells, whereas
> ~/.zprofile is run for all _login_ shells. To fix it I created a
> ~/.zprofile by just linking it to ~/.profile (ln -s ~/.profile
> ~/.zprofile). Now I get the same (correct) path for all instances of
> MacVim.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Ian

Phew! I was beginning to worry there for a moment! But indeed, yes, .profile and
.rc files do apply in different circumstances. For bash, .profile applies for
login shells, and .bashrc applies for interactive non-login shells. My way of
handling this is to source .bashrc from .profile iff the shell is interactive, so
that .bashrc is then actually used for all interacive shells, and I put all my
interactive stuff in it--aliases, prompt tweaking, etc., but set my PATH and so on
in .profile.

Ben.



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (2) MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Ben Schmidt
In reply to this post by Nikola Knežević

Nikola Knežević wrote:

> On 11 Mar 2008, at 02:27 , Ben Schmidt wrote:
>> That may be unrelated, or only slightly related! Good that it works,  
>> though.
>>
>> Could you perhaps confirm for us that if you do :echo $PATH it's the  
>> same for a
>> MacVim window opened from the GUI and via iTerm and console Vim?
>
> Unfortunately, they are not the same...
> MacVim GUI version has this:
> /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin
> [*]
>
> Whilst console Vim has:
> /Users/nikkne/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/
> bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/
> local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin/
>
> [*] Earlier, there was much less directories in the PATH...

OK. So it looks like the MacVim login shell feature is working, as you have more
in your PATH than before, and by the look of it, you have ths stuff that has been
added by various installers which know the right place to make these changes. But
some of your PATH settings do not happen for non-interactive login shells, it
seems. Ian Griffiths found this and posted in this thread, and I posted a
followup, which I hope may help you to sort this out.

Cheers,

Ben.




--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (2) MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Nikola Knežević

On 11 Mar 2008, at 03:42 , Ben Schmidt wrote:

> OK. So it looks like the MacVim login shell feature is working, as  
> you have more
> in your PATH than before, and by the look of it, you have ths stuff  
> that has been
> added by various installers which know the right place to make these  
> changes. But
> some of your PATH settings do not happen for non-interactive login  
> shells, it
> seems. Ian Griffiths found this and posted in this thread, and I  
> posted a
> followup, which I hope may help you to sort this out.

Yup,
like Ian, I had everything in my .zshrc, instead of .zprofile.  
Everything works now!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Nikola

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Krzysztof Maj
In reply to this post by Björn Winckler
Hi,
small problem. After I dowloaded snapshot 23 my VIM stoped working. I  
got this message in the system.log file:

Mar 11 22:54:48 Macintosh [0x0-0x77077].org.vim.MacVim[1223]: ^[[m^[[0m
Mar 11 22:54:48 Macintosh [0x0-0x77077].org.vim.MacVim[1223]: Cannot  
find spell file
Mar 11 22:54:48 Macintosh [0x0-0x77077].org.vim.MacVim[1223]:  for  
"pl" in utf-8
Mar 11 22:54:48 Macintosh [0x0-0x77077].org.vim.MacVim[1223]: Do you  
want me to try downlo
Mar 11 22:54:48 Macintosh [0x0-0x77077].org.vim.MacVim[1223]: ading it?
Mar 11 22:54:48 Macintosh [0x0-0x77077].org.vim.MacVim[1223]: (Y)es,  
[N]o:
Mar 11 22:54:48 Macintosh [0x0-0x77077].org.vim.MacVim[1223]: ^[|
23;0M^[|8H^[|31HVim: Error reading input, exiting...
Mar 11 22:54:48 Macintosh [0x0-0x77077].org.vim.MacVim[1223]: Vim:  
Finished.
Mar 11 22:54:48 Macintosh [0x0-0x77077].org.vim.MacVim[1223]: ^[|23;0M
Mar 11 22:55:27 Macintosh [0x0-0x78078].org.vim.MacVim[1229]: ^[[m^[[0m
Mar 11 22:55:28 Macintosh [0x0-0x78078].org.vim.MacVim[1229]: Cannot  
find spell fil
Mar 11 22:55:28 Macintosh [0x0-0x78078].org.vim.MacVim[1229]: e for  
"pl" in utf-8
Mar 11 22:55:28 Macintosh [0x0-0x78078].org.vim.MacVim[1229]: Do you  
want me to try downl
Mar 11 22:55:28 Macintosh [0x0-0x78078].org.vim.MacVim[1229]: oading it?
Mar 11 22:55:28 Macintosh [0x0-0x78078].org.vim.MacVim[1229]: (Y)es,  
[N]o:
Mar 11 22:55:28 Macintosh [0x0-0x78078].org.vim.MacVim[1229]: ^[|
23;0M^[|8H^[|31HVim: Error reading input, exiting...
Mar 11 22:55:28 Macintosh [0x0-0x78078].org.vim.MacVim[1229]: Vim:  
Finished.
Mar 11 22:55:28 Macintosh [0x0-0x78078].org.vim.MacVim[1229]: ^[|23;0M
Mar 11 22:55:38 Macintosh login[1234]: USER_PROCESS: 1234 ttys000
On 2008-03-09, at 18:45, björn wrote:

Maybe somebody know how to fix it, because now I am without VIM :-(


>
> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded a new snapshot of MacVim.app to
>
> http://code.google.com/p/macvim/
>
> Please download and test it so that I know if it is safe to update  
> the appcast.
>
> I have not made any significant changes to the code myself but Nico
> Weber has been busy updating the preferences and has now added a
> simple way to install the "Edit in ODBEditor..." input manager.  There
> have been reports of the input manager not working on some machines so
> install it at your own risk.  That being said, there should not be too
> much to worry about...if it doesn't work then you can very simply
> remove all traces of it from your system by the click of a button.
> All that may make it sound scary, but I highly suggest you check it
> out immediately if you haven't already done so.  To install, simply
> open the MacVim preferences and go to the "Integration" pane.
>
> Ben Schmidt has also been so kind as to send in a patch that hopefully
> fixes the problems we've experienced with the "Login shell" option.
> It should now be safe to go into the preferences and enabling that no
> matter what shell you use (please let us know otherwise).  This option
> ensures that all Vim processes started from MacVim have all
> environment variables set properly (such as $PATH).
>
> Finally, here is a list of minor changes:
>
> - Added MMZoomBoth user default.  Enable this if you prefer the window
> to maximize in both directions when you press the green "maximize
> button" (hold down Cmd to temporarily restrict resizing to the
> vertical direction only).  (Requested by Brian McKee.)
>
> - Added Cmd-Ctrl-z as key equivalent for "Window->Zoom" (this is the
> same key equivalent as in iTunes)
>
> - The Vim runtime files have been updated to the latest version
>
> - MacVim recognizes files with .patch and .diff extension
>
> - The mouse cursor in insert mode has higher contrast (when used with
> dark backgrounds).  (Requested by Enno et al.)
>
> - Line numbers (:h 'number') are brighter when bakground=dark.
> (Requested by Ted Pavlic)
>
>
> /Björn
>
> --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
> You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
>
All the best,
--
Krzysztof Maj, JNCIP-M/T
I'm a M@c, are you still a PC?



smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Björn Winckler

On 11/03/2008, Krzysztof Maj <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  small problem. After I dowloaded snapshot 23 my VIM stoped working. I
>  got this message in the system.log file:

Try starting MacVim from Terminal (using "mvim" or "open -a MacVim")
and it will ask you whether to install a spell file...say "yes" and
then everything should work from then on out.

What's going on is that Vim is trying to download a spell file...I'm
not sure why it is trying to do so all of a sudden...I will have to
investigate.

Has anybody else had similar problems?

/Björn

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Krzysztof Maj
Yes now I have more interaction with Vim, but still with no success:

:setlocal spell spelllang=pl
Cannot find spell file for "pl" in utf-8
Do you want me to try downloading it?

"/var/folders/8k/8kZJHJO1EzqmL0ZJulTWxE+++TM/-Tmp-/
v275527/0.spl" [noeol] 5796L, 1650849C
In which directory do you want to write the file:
1. /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/spell

Warning: Cannot find word list "pl.utf-8.spl" or "pl.ascii.spl"

And the same story, application did not start. In previous snapshot  
everything worked flawlessly.


On 2008-03-11, at 23:11, björn wrote:

>
> On 11/03/2008, Krzysztof Maj <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> small problem. After I dowloaded snapshot 23 my VIM stoped working. I
>> got this message in the system.log file:
>
> Try starting MacVim from Terminal (using "mvim" or "open -a MacVim")
> and it will ask you whether to install a spell file...say "yes" and
> then everything should work from then on out.
>
> What's going on is that Vim is trying to download a spell file...I'm
> not sure why it is trying to do so all of a sudden...I will have to
> investigate.
>
> Has anybody else had similar problems?
>
> /Björn
>
> --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
> You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
>
All the best,
--
Krzysztof Maj, JNCIP-M/T
I'm a M@c, are you still a PC?



smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Nico Weber-3

> Yes now I have more interaction with Vim, but still with no success:
>
> :setlocal spell spelllang=pl
> Cannot find spell file for "pl" in utf-8
> Do you want me to try downloading it?
>
> "/var/folders/8k/8kZJHJO1EzqmL0ZJulTWxE+++TM/-Tmp-/
> v275527/0.spl" [noeol] 5796L, 1650849C
> In which directory do you want to write the file:
> 1. /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/spell
>
> Warning: Cannot find word list "pl.utf-8.spl" or "pl.ascii.spl"
>
> And the same story, application did not start. In previous snapshot  
> everything worked flawlessly.

does a `touch ~/.vim` help?

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: MacVim.app - snapshot 23

Krzysztof Maj
Well, .touch .vim did not help, but I opened MacVim application from  
inside the package using terminal command open -a /Application/Vim/
Contents/MacOSX/MacVim and followed by the questions. Of course not  
every were finished with success, but finally Vim has launched amd  
polish spelling seems to work fine.

On 2008-03-12, at 05:34, Nico Weber wrote:

>
>> Yes now I have more interaction with Vim, but still with no success:
>>
>> :setlocal spell spelllang=pl
>> Cannot find spell file for "pl" in utf-8
>> Do you want me to try downloading it?
>>
>> "/var/folders/8k/8kZJHJO1EzqmL0ZJulTWxE+++TM/-Tmp-/
>> v275527/0.spl" [noeol] 5796L, 1650849C
>> In which directory do you want to write the file:
>> 1. /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/spell
>>
>> Warning: Cannot find word list "pl.utf-8.spl" or "pl.ascii.spl"
>>
>> And the same story, application did not start. In previous snapshot
>> everything worked flawlessly.
>
> does a `touch ~/.vim` help?
>
> --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
> You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
>
All the best,
--
Krzysztof Maj, JNCIP-M/T
I'm a M@c, are you still a PC?



smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment
12