MacVim doesn't accept input

BeatsMe
Hello.

I have trouble about inputing with MacVim.

At first I noticed MacVim didn't pop with double click.
I can execute MacVim from terminal and get pop-uped window but can't input.

I tried "mvim -u NON test" but can't get inputting.

I tried reinstalled like below, but get same result.
brew install macvim --HEAD

I can use MacVim inside terminal.

How can I trouble shoot further?

Akihiro

Re: MacVim doesn't accept input

Douglas Drumond-2

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:53 AM, BeatsMe <[hidden email]> wrote:

How can I trouble shoot further?

Re: MacVim doesn't accept input

BeatsMe
2015年3月20日金曜日 6時10分25秒 UTC+9 Yan Zhou:
> What do you mean it does not accept input? Do you mean it cannot enter insert mode?

Mouse movements like selection and click are traced but any keyboard command input like :, a, c, v, x, d, h, j and k can't be accepted, not to mentioning entering insert mode.

2015年3月20日金曜日 12時26分59秒 UTC+9 Douglas Drumond:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:53 AM, BeatsMe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ​Please try this: https://github.com/macvim-dev/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting

On Yosemite, I renamed .vimrc and .gvimrc.
I resetted the MacVim preference like following.
 $ defaults delete org.vim.MacVim
I installed MacVim with --HEAD option.
I tried Snapshot-73 and Snapshot-72.
But the problem can't be solved.

Re: MacVim doesn't accept input

Yan Zhou
Just to be clear. You do know how to use Vim, right? I feel stupid to have to ask this. I assume you do know you have to press "i" before you can enter anything.

On Friday, March 20, 2015, BeatsMe <[hidden email]> wrote:
2015年3月20日金曜日 6時10分25秒 UTC+9 Yan Zhou:
> What do you mean it does not accept input? Do you mean it cannot enter insert mode?

Mouse movements like selection and click are traced but any keyboard command input like :, a, c, v, x, d, h, j and k can't be accepted, not to mentioning entering insert mode.

2015年3月20日金曜日 12時26分59秒 UTC+9 Douglas Drumond:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:53 AM, BeatsMe <<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;ameniut...@gmail.com&#39;)">ameniut...@...> wrote:
>
> ​Please try this: https://github.com/macvim-dev/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting

On Yosemite, I renamed .vimrc and .gvimrc.
I resetted the MacVim preference like following.
 $ defaults delete org.vim.MacVim
I installed MacVim with --HEAD option.
I tried Snapshot-73 and Snapshot-72.
But the problem can't be solved.

Re: MacVim doesn't accept input

Yan Zhou
Forget my last email. I guess you mean Vim does not recognize any keystrokes, even in normal mode. Maybe try the new snapshot 74?

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:53 AM, BeatsMe <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Yosemite, I renamed .vimrc and .gvimrc.
I resetted the MacVim preference like following.
 $ defaults delete org.vim.MacVim
I installed MacVim with --HEAD option.
I tried Snapshot-73 and Snapshot-72.
But the problem can't be solved.

​Do you have some keyboard app like Seil or Karabiner? Maybe they're interfering. In MacVim snapshot 73 there is a known issue with OS X Kotoeri that wasn't solved yet (it's still present in 74), but it occurs only when inputting Japanese (double-width characters). The workaround is using​ Google Japanese IME. But it was the opposite of what's happening to you: it duplicated the characters. By the way, that's high priority for me, I use MacVim to write in Japanese, too.

Otherwise, I have no idea why this is happening to you, unfortunately.

Re: MacVim doesn't accept input

BeatsMe
2015年3月21日土曜日 1時00分29秒 UTC+9 Douglas Drumond:
> ​Do you have some keyboard app like Seil or Karabiner? Maybe they're interfering. In MacVim snapshot 73 there is a known issue with OS X Kotoeri that wasn't solved yet (it's still present in 74), but it occurs only when inputting Japanese (double-width characters). The workaround is using​ Google Japanese IME. But it was the opposite of what's happening to you: it duplicated the characters. By the way, that's high priority for me, I use MacVim to write in Japanese, too.
>
> Otherwise, I have no idea why this is happening to you, unfortunately.

thank you for your cooperation.

But now I clean installed OS again and the trouble was gone.

I'll post if the same problem happen.