MacVim fails to draw Japanese characters properly

MacVim fails to draw Japanese characters properly

Björn Winckler
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Douglas Drumond wrote:

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM, björn wrote:

>> Even on Snow Leopard build there are some glitches here, but nothing that makes MacVim unusable (it's just on resizing). But with Core Renderer enabled it's unusable for Japanese text (Japanese characters are larger, so they pile up, but with CR disabled it does proper spacing). Since I use it for Japanese just once in a while, I left it with CR enabled for day to day programming.
>

> This is news to me.  How can I reproduce this?

Just paste (or type) any Japanese text, such as おはようございます, and it should become like the screenshot attached (wrong.png). The last character is fine, it's where the cursor is. If I navigate over the characters, each one becomes its natural size (double size) until it finally reaches the way it's in the other screenshot (right.png). Without Core Renderer, it's already like right.png.

To be sure it's not some plugin, I started with mvim -u NONE.

I downloaded snapshot 66 to test, it's fine for Japanese text, even with Core Renderer enabled.

Thanks for pointing that out.  This is a regression which has gone unnoticed (by me) for a long time.  The bug affects drawing of all wide characters (not just Japanese), so it is really quite severe.

I've pushed a fix which you could perhaps try out when you get a chance.

Björn

Re: MacVim fails to draw Japanese characters properly

Akio Ito
On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:13:21 PM UTC+9, björn wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out.  This is a regression which has gone unnoticed (by me) for a long time.  The bug affects drawing of all wide characters (not just Japanese), so it is really quite severe.
> I've pushed a fix which you could perhaps try out when you get a chance.
> Björn

Thanks for the fix. Working ok with [Use Core Renderer] for japanese text.
My Compiler flags: (iMac Mountain Lion)
CC=clang ./configure --enable-pythoninterp --enable-luainterp --with-lua-prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/lua/5.1.5 --with-features=huge --enable-multibyte

Re: MacVim fails to draw Japanese characters properly

Douglas Drumond

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:13 AM, björn <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've pushed a fix which you could perhaps try out when you get a chance.

It works ^_^ Thanks.
Should I make another snapshot build for {,Mountain }Lion?

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 4:51 AM, Douglas Drumond wrote:

It works ^_^ Thanks.
Should I make another snapshot build for {,Mountain }Lion?

At first I thought we should wait for the next beta, but I suppose we may as well build a new snapshot.  So, yes, send it to me and I'll update the Google Code page when I get a chance.

On Jul 11, 2013 2:26 PM, "björn" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At first I thought we should wait for the next beta, but I suppose we may as well build a new snapshot.  So, yes, send it to me and I'll update the Google Code page when I get a chance.

Keep snapshot number?

Androidから送信