MacVim on El Capitan?

Rick Dooling-2
Is it safe?

I am so grateful to those working on the next snapshot of Macvim, but in the meantime I'm interested to hear from anybody successfully using Snapshot 77 of MacVim after upgrading to El Capitan?

I spend most of the workday in MacVim and don't want to risk the El Capitan upgrade until it's reasonably safe.

Thanks for any advice.

Rick

Re: MacVim on El Capitan?

Keyan
On Friday, 30 October 2015 02:09:52 UTC+1, RPDooling  wrote:
> Is it safe?
>
> I am so grateful to those working on the next snapshot of Macvim, but in the meantime I'm interested to hear from anybody successfully using Snapshot 77 of MacVim after upgrading to El Capitan?
>
> I spend most of the workday in MacVim and don't want to risk the El Capitan upgrade until it's reasonably safe.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Rick

I'm currently using the test-snapshot of MacVim and have no problems, even in the split screen-mode.

Re: MacVim on El Capitan?

Rick Dooling-2
On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 5:00:38 AM UTC-5, Keyan wrote:

> On Friday, 30 October 2015 02:09:52 UTC+1, RPDooling  wrote:
> > Is it safe?
> >
> > I am so grateful to those working on the next snapshot of Macvim, but in the meantime I'm interested to hear from anybody successfully using Snapshot 77 of MacVim after upgrading to El Capitan?
> >
> > I spend most of the workday in MacVim and don't want to risk the El Capitan upgrade until it's reasonably safe.
> >
> > Thanks for any advice.
> >
> > Rick
>
> I'm currently using the test-snapshot of MacVim and have no problems, even in the split screen-mode.
Thanks! I just did the El Cap upgrade and MacVim 77 seems to be just fine. I don't do split screen or even full screen. So I'll wait patiently for the 78 to hit Homebrew.

Rick

Re: MacVim on El Capitan?

René Köcher-3

> Am 30.10.2015 um 11:00 schrieb Keyan <[hidden email]>:
>
>> On Friday, 30 October 2015 02:09:52 UTC+1, RPDooling  wrote:
>> Is it safe?
>>
>> I am so grateful to those working on the next snapshot of Macvim, but in the meantime I'm interested to hear from anybody successfully using Snapshot 77 of MacVim after upgrading to El Capitan?
>>
>> I spend most of the workday in MacVim and don't want to risk the El Capitan upgrade until it's reasonably safe.
>>
>> Thanks for any advice.
>>
>> Rick
>
> I'm currently using the test-snapshot of MacVim and have no problems, even in the split screen-mode.
I've been using it since the first El Capital Beta.
No issues (split screen was a little bought at the beginning but is fine now).

René

Re: MacVim on El Capitan?

Thomas Fee
I'm using 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Oct 28 2015 21:32:54)
MacOS X (unix) version
Included patches: 1-769
Compiled by Homebrew
Huge version with MacVim GUI.

Works fine on a fresh El Capitan install.

Whether the above is "snapshot 11", I can't say. ;)

Re: MacVim on El Capitan?

Thomas Fee
I'm using 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Oct 28 2015 21:32:54)
MacOS X (unix) version
Included patches: 1-769
Compiled by Homebrew
Huge version with MacVim GUI.

Works fine on a fresh El Capitan install.

Whether the above is "snapshot 77", I can't say. ;)

Re: MacVim on El Capitan?

Rick Dooling-2
On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 8:35:06 AM UTC-5, Gas Creature wrote:
> I'm using 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Oct 28 2015 21:32:54)
> MacOS X (unix) version
> Included patches: 1-769
> Compiled by Homebrew
> Huge version with MacVim GUI.
>
> Works fine on a fresh El Capitan install.
>
> Whether the above is "snapshot 77", I can't say. ;)

Snapshot 79 for El Capitan released

https://github.com/macvim-dev/macvim/releases

It's also on Homebrew.