MacVim solarized green not right

Brad Kurtz
In MacVim (just updated to 74, was seeing this on 73 as well), the green value is not correct, comparing it to the value in iTerm2 and the Solarized specs. Using OS X's Digital Color Meter, the value for green in MacVim is (display native values:rgb 114, 157, 31) and in iTerm2 it is (133, 152, 28). The Solarized spec is (133, 153, 0).

Even accounting for antialiasing, every other color is very close to the solarized spec and the way it appears in iTerm, only the value for green is way off base. The color is noticeably different. I can't figure out why.

I'm using NeoBundle to pull in the altercation/vim-colors-solarized package. I have very minimal settings for using the colorscheme. (syntax enable, bg=dark, colorscheme = solarized) I'm using the solarized theme for iTerm (couldn't get accurate theming otherwise), could this be the reason for the discrepancy?

Is anybody else seeing anything like this?

Re: MacVim solarized green not right

Steven Michalske
What color profile is your display set to?

> On Mar 23, 2015, at 12:59 PM, Brad Kurtz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In MacVim (just updated to 74, was seeing this on 73 as well), the green value is not correct, comparing it to the value in iTerm2 and the Solarized specs. Using OS X's Digital Color Meter, the value for green in MacVim is (display native values:rgb 114, 157, 31) and in iTerm2 it is (133, 152, 28). The Solarized spec is (133, 153, 0).
>
> Even accounting for antialiasing, every other color is very close to the solarized spec and the way it appears in iTerm, only the value for green is way off base. The color is noticeably different. I can't figure out why.
>
> I'm using NeoBundle to pull in the altercation/vim-colors-solarized package. I have very minimal settings for using the colorscheme. (syntax enable, bg=dark, colorscheme = solarized) I'm using the solarized theme for iTerm (couldn't get accurate theming otherwise), could this be the reason for the discrepancy?
>
> Is anybody else seeing anything like this?

> ---

Re: MacVim solarized green not right

Brad Kurtz
I discovered the issue. In the vim-colors-solarized solarized.vim, the value for green under a check for has("gui_running")  had the original value commented out for green, with a value commented as "experimental"... :/

Idk why they decided to do this for only the GUI version of vim, and seemingly undocumented, but I just switched the comment to get the color I was expecting.