Mapping <F10> under windows

Peter Hodge-2
When I press <F10> in gui vim under windows, It highlights,
the top menu bar, meaning that I can't use <F10>, <S-F10>,
<C-F10> or <C-S-F10> in any of my mappings.  Does anyone
know how I can fix this?

regards,
Peter

http://au.photos.yahoo.com

Re: Mapping <F10> under windows

A.J.Mechelynck
[hidden email] wrote:
> When I press <F10> in gui vim under windows, It highlights,
> the top menu bar, meaning that I can't use <F10>, <S-F10>,
> <C-F10> or <C-S-F10> in any of my mappings.  Does anyone
> know how I can fix this?
>
> regards,
> Peter

see ":help 'winaltkeys'"

According to the latest help files, the handling is different in 6.3 and
7.0: in 6.3 the 'winaltkeys' setting applies equally to Alt-something
and to F10; in the latest snapshots of 7.0 it doesn't, and F10 will
simply select the menu unless it has been mapped.