Minimal colorscheme

Константин Изюмов
How to minimize colorscheme?
I want have color identification only for comments and strings inside"".
Color identification for type, standard words is no need for myself.

Thank you for any feedback

Re: Minimal colorscheme

Christian Brabandt

On Mo, 11 Jun 2018, Константин Изюмов wrote:

> How to minimize colorscheme?
> I want have color identification only for comments and strings inside"".
> Color identification for type, standard words is no need for myself.

okay, this might be a hack, but you might get away with something like
this:

:let a=map(split(execute(':hi'), "\n"), {a,b -> match(b,'\ccomment\|string')==-1 ? execute('hi clear '.split(b)[0]):''})

Of course a nice readable and more maintainable solution would wrap all
of that in a handy function and handle error cases better.

Best,
Christian
--
In der Geschichte der Wissenschaften hat der ideale Teil ein
ander Verhältnis zum realen als in der übrigen Weltgeschichte.

Re: Minimal colorscheme

Dmitri Vereshchagin
On Mon, Jun 11, Константин Изюмов wrote:
>How to minimize colorscheme?
>I want have color identification only for comments and strings inside"".
>Color identification for type, standard words is no need for myself.

You can clear highlighting for some groups defined in syncolor.vim.  For
example the following will turn on highlighting only for comments

    " ~/.vim/after/syntax/syncolor.vim

    highlight Comment ctermfg=LightCyan

    highlight clear Constant
    highlight clear Identifier
    highlight clear PreProc
    highlight clear Special
    highlight clear Statement
    highlight clear Type

You may also want to clear highlighting for some groups contained in
comments.  For example

    " ~/.vim/after/syntax/erlang.vim

    silent! syntax clear erlangAnnotation
    silent! syntax clear erlangCommentAnnotation

Commands run with silent to suppress error about non-existing groups.
In this case erlangAnnotation was renamed to erlangCommentAnnotation in
recent version of runtime files.

Diff highlighting is very useful so you may want to keep it on

    " ~/.vim/after/syntax/diff.vim

    highlight link diffAdded   DiffAdd
    highlight link diffRemoved DiffDelete

-Dmitri

Re: Minimal colorscheme

Константин Изюмов
Thank, it is look good. I will try .
Like I understood that script switch off unused regex for unused color group.