Modern Vim

Phil Dobbin
Hi all.

I recently bought a copy of Drew Neil's 'Modern Vim':

<https://pragprog.com/book/modvim/modern-vim>

From reading through it (a cursory glance it has to be said) it seems
well written & covers Vim 8 & NeoVim also.

The book is at present in beta & I think it gets released in Feb 2018
but if you get the beta copy all future versions are a free upgrade.

At this point I have to say of course that I have no affiliation with
the author or the publishers at all, yada, yada, yada.

Cheers,

  Phil.

--
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new
   Murphy by Samuel Beckett

https://www.linuxcounter.net/cert/550036.png

Re: Modern Vim

Grant Taylor-2
On 11/04/2017 07:50 AM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> I recently bought a copy of Drew Neil's 'Modern Vim':

I've been eyeing "Modern Vim".

> From reading through it (a cursory glance it has to be said) it seems
> well written & covers Vim 8 & NeoVim also.

I've been quite happy with all of Drew's material that I've looked at,
including "Mastering Vim" and "Vim Casts".

> At this point I have to say of course that I have no affiliation with
> the author or the publishers at all, yada, yada, yada.

Likewise.  ;-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Re: Modern Vim

Phil Dobbin
On 05/11/17 05:04, 'Grant Taylor' via vim_use wrote:

> On 11/04/2017 07:50 AM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> I recently bought a copy of Drew Neil's 'Modern Vim':
>
> I've been eyeing "Modern Vim".
>
>> From reading through it (a cursory glance it has to be said) it seems
>> well written & covers Vim 8 & NeoVim also.
>
> I've been quite happy with all of Drew's material that I've looked at,
> including "Mastering Vim" and "Vim Casts".
>
>> At this point I have to say of course that I have no affiliation with
>> the author or the publishers at all, yada, yada, yada.
>
> Likewise.  ;-)
I bought 'Mastering Vim' also when it was in beta, after I had just
grasped a successful method of being productive & comfortable with Vim
for all my daily tasks. It helped a good deal.

I find he's a good, well rounded tutor :-)

Cheers,

  Phil.

--
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new
   Murphy by Samuel Beckett

https://www.linuxcounter.net/cert/550036.png

Re: Modern Vim

Eric Christopherson
On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 12:04 AM, 'Grant Taylor' via vim_use <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11/04/2017 07:50 AM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
I recently bought a copy of Drew Neil's 'Modern Vim':

I've been eyeing "Modern Vim".

From reading through it (a cursory glance it has to be said) it seems well written & covers Vim 8 & NeoVim also.

I've been quite happy with all of Drew's material that I've looked at, including "Mastering Vim" and "Vim Casts".

I'm guessing you mean _Practical Vim_.